Item Not Received Help

Hello eBay Community,
Recently I have been making purchases from China, & Hk specifically for cheap electronics modules, LEDs stuff like that. So I made a purchase Jan 23rd 2015, paid instantly as I always do, and the seller marked as shipped on Jan 23rd. It is now March 4th 2015 (40 days) and still no item. I have received all the other items from the same shipping locations but from different sellers, and these items we're ordered days-weeks after my Jan 23rd purchase. I have messaged the seller and he has agreed to re-send the item, however he keeps mentioning if I get the other package later then I must re-pay a second time. The item is only valued at $2.50-$5Cad. I would not mind re-paying IF one day the first package did show up (doubtful) but I was promised the item I ordered within a timely fashion (7-30 days according to Sellers listing AND eBay final delivery day estimate). I waited patiently and still received nothing. I now have to wait possibly another 40 days, (80) days total for this item I was supposed to get in 30 MAX. If the seller had mentioned anything about this amount of time to receive my item I would have purchased from a different seller specifically one that I have received parts from already. My question is, should I even worry about paying a second time IF I did ever receive a double item? I mean considering I have waited 40 days and got nothing, I feel as if a second item in the mail would be a gift from the seller for his mistakes that have costed me 40 days + 20+ days for the next package to arrive. He keeps asking me not to open a case and not to leave home negative or neutral however I feel people should know I didn't get an item after 40 days wait.
Last detail, his last neg feedback was a buyer that bought the same item and said he didn't receive it either, coincidence it's the same item I bought as well?
He has 99% positive I believe he is a good seller, it just bugs me he is more worried about me paying a second time ($3.00) and keeps telling me not to leave him neg, but my experience so far has not been positive? If I was in his position I would take the 3.00 loss after making a customer wait 40 days and they still have no item..
Thoughts from any buyers/sellers?
Tony
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Item Not Received Help

TL: DR

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

You want to file an Item Not Received Dispute if it has not arrived. If the seller cannot prove that it has, he is required to refund or Paypal will do it for him and go after him for their money.

If it has but is unsatisfactory you want to file Not As Described.

You may have to return the NAD item with tracking to China. This will be expensive.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Item Not Received Help

If your online order from Walmart (or wherever) was still missing after all this time, you'd be wanting your money back, right? As has been said already, open Item Not Received cases for those items now and DO NOT accept the seller's offer of a replacement. If (or when) your items arrive, you can and should send the seller the money he/she is owed directly through paypal. I'm not saying your seller in particular is dishonest but some sellers do prey on kind-hearted buyers who don't want to rock the boat. Rock the boat! It's your money, don't throw it away. No seller wants negative feedback but some work a lot harder than others to avoid it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item Not Received Help

TL: DR

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

You want to file an Item Not Received Dispute if it has not arrived. If the seller cannot prove that it has, he is required to refund or Paypal will do it for him and go after him for their money.

If it has but is unsatisfactory you want to file Not As Described.

You may have to return the NAD item with tracking to China. This will be expensive.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Item Not Received Help

Do NOT allow his to send a 'replacement'. There is no reason to believe it will every arrive and you will be past the deadline for refunds.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Item Not Received Help

If your online order from Walmart (or wherever) was still missing after all this time, you'd be wanting your money back, right? As has been said already, open Item Not Received cases for those items now and DO NOT accept the seller's offer of a replacement. If (or when) your items arrive, you can and should send the seller the money he/she is owed directly through paypal. I'm not saying your seller in particular is dishonest but some sellers do prey on kind-hearted buyers who don't want to rock the boat. Rock the boat! It's your money, don't throw it away. No seller wants negative feedback but some work a lot harder than others to avoid it. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Item Not Received Help

Unfortunately, too many Chinese sellers have been telling buyers that they will send a replacement to either get the buyer to not file a dispute or to get them to close a dispute. Do not bother with getting item. You're not going to get it. Just demand a refund and make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim before the deadline expires.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Item Not Received Help

Thanks to all that replied. Very informative and I know now to be more vigilant when purchasing.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Item Not Received Help

I got burned last year for over 200.00 , us seller received the merchandise back becuase I have just moved, I offered and even paid to have it reshipped and he kept on saying that he already shipped to my new address and i have exceeded the deadline, unfortunately e-bay believed him
Message 7 of 7
latest reply