My seller delayed to ship the item for 2 weeks.

youh-rich
Community Member

I wonder whether my seller is trying to cancel the deal here. He is saying that he is away from home now he delayed to ship the item for 2 week now. What should i do?

I am pretty new on Ebay and I wonder if what experienced Ebayer would do here.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@youh-rich wrote:

I wonder whether my seller is trying to cancel the deal here. He is saying that he is away from home now he delayed to ship the item for 2 week now. What should i do?

Unless it is something you need really quickly, I would not worry.

eBay gives you 30 days after estimated delivery time to file an item-not-received claim.

And PayPal gives you 180 days from time of payment to file a claim.

I would however, check to make it sure it does get shipped when the 2 week delay over.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Mark your calendar so that you know exactly when Day 29 from purchase is here. If you don't have the item IN YOUR HANDS at that time, open an Item Not Received case. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Just wondering: was the seller's Store 'ON VACATION'?

Many sellers don't know that they can completely close and make invisible their Stores when they are unable to ship. Many more, who do not have Stores, do not understand that they can close their listings for weeks to prevent just this problem.

In my opinion, this is very unprofessional.

As the other posters have wisely suggested, mark your calendar. It can easily take 20 days after shipping for an item to be delivered from North America.

And your seller has already shown that she is not very good at her job.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Oh, and please allow me to offer you the reassurance that MOST sellers do much better with their handling times. Mine are set to same-day. I have gotten up at 2 am to pack orders. I have dropped everything to get an item packed and delivered to the post office within the hour so that it could hit the mail stream before 5 pm. I came home from the hospital after giving birth to my fourth child and was up ALL NIGHT packing orders that were placed before I could hide my active listings. It is the kind of thing that most sellers take extremely seriously... notwithstanding a seller who has put their store in Vacation Mode.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply