Opening a request for items purchased in February

wldbs43
Community Member

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how to open a request for items not received, purchased in February?

I contacted the seller back in May (gave it some time since it was coming from Korea) for the same issue and she said it will be shipped again, and after that I just forgot about the items until now in September. 

It's obviously not a major purchase (US $15) but still frustrating. Never had this kind of issue with other purchases from Korea before so I guess it's this seller's problem.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ebay offers you 30 days after the estimated delivery date for opening Items Not Received via the ebay Moneyback Guarantee,

Paypal offers 180 days of Buyer Protection from moment of purchase.

You will have to see if your credit card company will allow you to initiate a chargeback, assuming you paid via credit card, but don't delay asking. Do it today.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

And today's Life Lesson:

Never never accept an offer of a 'replacement', when an item has not been received.

There is a very good chance that the original item never existed and the scammer seller makes his profit from buyers who don't complain or don't complain in time or who are willing to wait for the non-existant replacement.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

EBay forget it, go to your paypal account and request a item not received case.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mjwl2006 - Thank you so much for sharing this information. I am surprised to believe that I have just gotten scammed. The vendor tells me he shipped my 21 items personally. I was sent a small package in place of a big order and that is being claimed as delivery because they have my signature. I didn't order what arrived and didn't even know who sent it (I thought it was somebody's error) but couldn't identify the sender or tracking number so I kept the packaging and can prove the postage would have been insufficient to send me all 21 items (instead of the one I got). So far, I am very unhappy with eBay service in trying to get information about this. I have already left an eBay request for help via a survey form that arrived after I opened 21 claims and I left an online message for someone from eBay that would call me today within 1 minute (the message said) but no call came. After much searching through unfamiliar territory, I discovered I am a day early with my request to turn everything over to eBay. Perhaps a button to turn this over to eBay will appear tomorrow, but there is no indication that will occur in FAQ's or anywhere else that I have search so I am left feeling confused and frustrated. If this continues to be difficult, I will pursue the Paypal information instead. Again, thank you for taking the time to document this very helpful information that many of us don't know and eBay doesn't provide!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If this continues to be difficult, I will pursue the Paypal information instead.

Start with eBay.

EBay requires the seller to pay return postage when the item(s) are Not As Described.

Which is good because the seller does have the right to demand a return of the unwanted goods for a refund and international shipping with tracking is VERY expensive.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

But you only have 30 days after  delivery to make the Dispute.

Paypal allows you 180 days from Payment, but requires the buyer to pay return postage if the seller demands a return of the unwanted goods.

Come back if you need guidance.

All your answers will be easily viewed if you hit Reply instead of Comment.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

... The vendor tells me he shipped my 21 items personally.
I was sent a small package in place of a big order and that is being claimed as delivery because they have my signature.

This is a Not As Described dispute .
Or possibly 21 NAD disputes.

I didn't order what arrived and didn't even know who sent it (I thought it was somebody's error) but couldn't identify the sender or tracking number so I kept the packaging and can prove the postage would have been insufficient to send me all 21 items (instead of the one I got).

I have already left an eBay request for help via a survey form that arrived after I opened 21 claims and I left an online message for someone from eBay that would call me today within 1 minute (the message said) but no call came.

This is unfortunately to be expected.

...I discovered I am a day early with my request to turn everything over to eBay.
Did you open a Not As Described dispute?
This is not an Item(s) Not Delivered dispute?

If this continues to be difficult, I will pursue the Paypal information instead.

EBay insists that the seller pay for return shipping. Even to Korea.
This is not possible, but if he does not, you win the Dispute.

Paypal allows longer for Dispute, but insists that the buyer pay return shipping.
If the buyer does not return the item(s) with tracking, she loses the dispute.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply