Problem with Seller

I had a problem with a dress they advertised.  In close up views of the dress it appeared to be non-see through - as I could not see any undergarment on the model or thinness in the cloth.  For other items I ordered I could see if the material was thin or not, by looking at various angles of the dress in relation to the background. 

The item arrived late January, not November or December  as stated.  This seller did not wait for a response but engaged in "I will check with the manufacturer ... we can give you a partial refund for the dress" and then slyly opened a case to close my case.  I would have settle for a partial refund as it is so expensive to return it, but they did not even give me a chance, even though they said we have until March 2017 to come to an agreement.  This is how these sellers trick you to make money off of you.  So sad.

I was equally disappointed with Ebay for not contacting me to find out what the problem was - they just sided with the seller and closed the case in about 5 hours.  Even after it was appealed, the appeals department did not contact me - they just closed the case too.

This was the first time ordering clothing through Ebay sellers - never again!  A few sellers were true to their adds, others seem to post a garment, then try to copy it and sell it, so that's why there are discrepancies between what is see and what you get.  Others seem to upload a garment, but computer enhance/modify it so what you get is not exactly what was displayed.  So sad - misleading advertisement.  Lesson learned - don't order clothing through Ebay!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem with Seller

From China?

Yeah. Thought so.

The item arrived late January, not November or December  as stated. 

There are a lot of posts about the holdup at Customs because of the fentanyl crisis, but if a purchase is delayed past the ebay 'last estimated delivery" date, open an eBay dispute in the Resolution Centre.

The window is 30 days, but I suspect you are past that now.

However, you can still open an "Item Not As Described" dispute through Paypal.

Their deadline is 180 days (~6 months) from payment.

Bad news is that PP insists that the unhappy buyer return the unwanted garment on her own dime. With Confirmation of Delivery.

And to China, that's going to be over $40.

This seller did not wait for a response but engaged in "I will check with the manufacturer ... we can give you a partial refund for the dress"

A response to what?

and then slyly opened a case to close my case. 

You had opened an eBay case?

The seller opened an eBay case ? On what grounds?

they said

Who are they? EBay? The seller?

I think you are saying you opened an eBay NAD case, the seller offered a partial refund, and it closed before the seller sent any money.

Just in case, check your credit card account for that refund. If your PP account is backed by a card, any refunds go directly to the card and not through PP.

Lesson learned - don't order clothing through Ebay!

It is risky.

Not only fabrics, but sizing.

The Chinese cannot believe how big Westerners are. I noticed today a dress described as a Medium with a bust measurement of 31". That's a 0-2 currently! The 5XL had a 45" bust. (This was a US dropshipper complaining about a neg for small sizing. Well, duh!)

And we have another disappointed bride posting here this week. That's a nasty scam.

That being said, if you read the ad and the feedback* carefully, and order several sizes larger than you think you will need, and don't go for the really cheap items, there are some nice pieces here and there. I've been quite happy with a few -- even though I take them to the seamstress at the Mall for adjustments.

If the seller left any feedback, you may be interested to know that you can leave a Response to any feedback, your own or your seller's, indefinitely. The most effective Responses are calm and factual. "Dress transparent. Reneged on promised refund." for example.

*Don't buy if Feedback is under 98%, or even 99%. And read the negs and neutrals for patterns (too small, too slow, transparent, rude) which are more revealing than just numbers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Problem with Seller

From China?

Yeah. Thought so.

The item arrived late January, not November or December  as stated. 

There are a lot of posts about the holdup at Customs because of the fentanyl crisis, but if a purchase is delayed past the ebay 'last estimated delivery" date, open an eBay dispute in the Resolution Centre.

The window is 30 days, but I suspect you are past that now.

However, you can still open an "Item Not As Described" dispute through Paypal.

Their deadline is 180 days (~6 months) from payment.

Bad news is that PP insists that the unhappy buyer return the unwanted garment on her own dime. With Confirmation of Delivery.

And to China, that's going to be over $40.

This seller did not wait for a response but engaged in "I will check with the manufacturer ... we can give you a partial refund for the dress"

A response to what?

and then slyly opened a case to close my case. 

You had opened an eBay case?

The seller opened an eBay case ? On what grounds?

they said

Who are they? EBay? The seller?

I think you are saying you opened an eBay NAD case, the seller offered a partial refund, and it closed before the seller sent any money.

Just in case, check your credit card account for that refund. If your PP account is backed by a card, any refunds go directly to the card and not through PP.

Lesson learned - don't order clothing through Ebay!

It is risky.

Not only fabrics, but sizing.

The Chinese cannot believe how big Westerners are. I noticed today a dress described as a Medium with a bust measurement of 31". That's a 0-2 currently! The 5XL had a 45" bust. (This was a US dropshipper complaining about a neg for small sizing. Well, duh!)

And we have another disappointed bride posting here this week. That's a nasty scam.

That being said, if you read the ad and the feedback* carefully, and order several sizes larger than you think you will need, and don't go for the really cheap items, there are some nice pieces here and there. I've been quite happy with a few -- even though I take them to the seamstress at the Mall for adjustments.

If the seller left any feedback, you may be interested to know that you can leave a Response to any feedback, your own or your seller's, indefinitely. The most effective Responses are calm and factual. "Dress transparent. Reneged on promised refund." for example.

*Don't buy if Feedback is under 98%, or even 99%. And read the negs and neutrals for patterns (too small, too slow, transparent, rude) which are more revealing than just numbers.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Problem with Seller

Thanks for your thorough answers to my post.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply