Seller is no longer a registered eBay user!!

Hi everyone.  Well, this is a new experience for me on eBay.  I recently bought a item from a seller and yes the seller is in China.  I have purchased quite a few items from sellers in China with rarely a problem.  I purchased the item 2 days ago and the next day, yesterday, there was an attachment to my purchase on my purchase list showing this seller is no longer a registered eBay user.  This attachment from eBay states that if I have not paid for the item to not finish  the transaction.  If I have paid, which I have, then not to worry because the transaction should still go through.  It also states to try to contact the seller or contact eBay to start a file against them.  I have tried to contact the seller but no messages will  go through because eBay will not allow the messages to be sent.  I have tried to contact the seller through my PayPal account but when I press on details on my transaction the screen goes blank and it then says fatal error.  I am certainly glad that my purchase was just $20.00 because I don't think I will be seeing my purchase any time soon and probably not at all.   Things take forever being shipped from China without something like this happening.  I'm not quite sure if I should just go ahead and try to get a refund through eBay or not.  In a case like this I don't think waiting will make much difference.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Have a great day everyone!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi again. I just tried to cancel the transaction but eBay says I can't because the item has been shipped. The item showed to be shipped with in minutes of my payment but when I check my Pay Pal transaction, the item shows to not be shipped. Who knows!!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It is concerning that your seller disappeared so suddenly which leads me to believe he was given the boot. When one leaves eBay voluntarily, it takes at least a month to ensure there are no loose ends like this. 

Assuming you have no tracking and the delivery date has passed, go to eBay or paypal's resolution centre as soon as it will allow you to open a case of Item Not Received. Indicate the seller is Not a Registered User (NARU) and that you'd like your money back. 

Come back if/when you have additional questions or if things don't go smoothly. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply