Seller won't give tracking number and haven't received item yet, seller keeps telling me to wait

I've tried more than once to get a tracking number from the seller but keeps saying that she is unable to give it to me! I try asking when it will arrive and won't tell me. All she's says is that I must wait for it to arrive. It was marked shipped a week and a half ago ! Is it too soon to file a complaint?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Seller won't give tracking number and haven't received item yet, seller keeps telling me to wait

I always think twice before disagreeing with femmefan as she is more experienced in matters of all eBay than I am so, yes, don't panic... UNLESS your transaction was with the last seller to leave you feedback and you were among the buyers to spend $300+ on items from that seller this month. If yours was a $10-$15 item, less to worry about. If you bought a smartphone or laptop with free shipping, however, you can bet that the seller didn't actually send it anywhere without tracking. It seems a bit dodgy to me. No tracking means no insurance. For the seller. For the buyer, you're covered as long as you don't miss your deadlines to open an Item Not Received Case.

But that's my two cents only. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The bottom line is that no matter how much your seller implores you to, 'Please wait, it's coming' do not do that. Know your deadlines for opening and escalating any Item Not Received case and stick to it like glue. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you look on the Order Details as part of your Purchase History, it will give you an estimated delivery. You may also try to open an 'I don't have the item' and it will give you an estimated delivery as well as provide information as to when you may open an Item Not Received case. 

What postage did you pay for? It should say in the listing whether it is trackable or not. Is she within Canada or the USA? Overseas? 

You can also try going directly to Paypal and their Resolution Centre. You can't open cases with both, however. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There may not be one.

Especially for low cost items, many sellers go bare on tracking, on the basis that the postal service is very good at its job.

And tracking is useless for the buyer.

This is mail order.

In my experience it takes about 20 days for items to arrive from North America.

About 10-15 days from Europe.

And about 30 days from Asia.

If you item hasn't arrived by then, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

You will be told to contact the seller, which you have already done.

Go to Step Two.

If the seller cannot prove you have received the item (that's why sellers use tracking, so we don't have to refund on fake non-arrival claims) he will be required to refund you in full. If he doesn't do this promptly, Paypal will refund you and go after him for their money.

So calm down and keep an eye out for the postie.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I always think twice before disagreeing with femmefan as she is more experienced in matters of all eBay than I am so, yes, don't panic... UNLESS your transaction was with the last seller to leave you feedback and you were among the buyers to spend $300+ on items from that seller this month. If yours was a $10-$15 item, less to worry about. If you bought a smartphone or laptop with free shipping, however, you can bet that the seller didn't actually send it anywhere without tracking. It seems a bit dodgy to me. No tracking means no insurance. For the seller. For the buyer, you're covered as long as you don't miss your deadlines to open an Item Not Received Case.

But that's my two cents only. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The bottom line is that no matter how much your seller implores you to, 'Please wait, it's coming' do not do that. Know your deadlines for opening and escalating any Item Not Received case and stick to it like glue. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply