Seller won't ship until funds I paid are deposited in their account!

Hello folks.  Just a little follow up with my problem seller.  After a few different messages the  seller finally responded.  The first thing they said to me was "Miss, you need to calm down a tad"  I guess they finally figured out I wasn't a happy camper.  Their reasoning for not shipping the bicycle I purchased  from them is that they were waiting for the funds that I  paid to be deposited into their account so they could pay for the shipping.  They also brought up the fact that they don't have a car or a box big enough for a bicycle to be shipped in.  Why any seller would list  an item when totally unprepared to follow through with the sale is beyond me.  I don't know if they are being honest or just stalling in the hopes that I will just give up and ask for a refund.  Should sellers be permitted to wait for funds I paid to be deposited in their account or are they obligated to ship as soon as possible?  I haven't heard back from them in a couple of days.  I will wait another week before I start sending off messages again.  I have never had a seller do this before.  All I did was buy a bike!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Should sellers be permitted to wait for funds I paid to be deposited in their account or are they obligated to ship as soon as possible?

It sounds like your payment has been completed. If so the seller is obligated to ship out the bicycle within their designated handling time.

Open a "item not received" claim (INR) and be done with it.... it's time to move on to greener pastures.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Also... if you can still leave feedback do so after your INR claim. Leave calm and factual feedback for your overall experience with this seller.   

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You bought that late on January 24th.  The seller should have seen it on Jan 25th.  Even with PayPal's 21-day-hold, the shipping amount would have been available for the seller to use to print a label.  

If you want to continue to wait and wait, hoping against hope, that must be some bicycle find!  If it were me, as soon as I saw the "Miss, you need to calm down a tad", I would have gone straight to file a claim.  That is EXTREMEMELY rude and condescending.  There is nothing in this world I want so bad I would let anyone talk to me like that.  He did it to talk down to you and belittle your concerns. Obviously to cover up for his own ineptness, but I find that a major turn off.  

Sellers are supposed to ship as soon as the payment clears.  That means if you did not use an e-check and paid with a PP balance or credit card, the payment was instant, the funds went through and the shipping label could have been printed.  

At this point, how long you want to play this waiting game of endless excuses with this seller is up to you.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

No further communication with the seller is necessary or useful.

Go directly to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

Skip the 'contact seller' suggestions and ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller gets his act together and ships, you can leave feedback after you receive the bike and have examined it. Don't close the case until you have done so, in case you need to make a change to Not As Described.

If he cannot provide a tracking number, he will be forced to refund.

And add him to your Blocked Bidders List. I don't think I need to explain why.

Should sellers be permitted to wait for funds I paid to be deposited in their account or are they obligated to ship as soon as possible?

No.

That's exactly why the exception to the Paypal Hold on newbie funds is to print out shipping labels.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply