Threats from eBay

abyzmo84
Community Member

Hello,

A couple of days ago I received the following message from eBay.

Hello abyzmo84,

To keep eBay a trustworthy place for all members, we routinely review buying and selling activity. In reviewing your account, we found:
- A pattern of filing excessive number of returns and items not received claims.
Please be aware that if this activity continues, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limitations on your buying privileges or suspension of your account.

I never return good items and I never claim not receiving something I receive. The actual problem is that, due to nature of my business, I have to buy many microSD cards. And way too many of them on eBay are fake, i.e., they have around 1% of the advertised capacity when tested with designated software. Please check the following link for information - http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/-fake-usb-flash-memory-drives

I return items that are counterfeit and cannot be used. I really hope that was just an automated message and my account will not be affected. If nothing can be done to punish the scumbags for stealing money from people for selling junk, may I not be punished for seeking the truth?

Sincerely,
Alex

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Threats from eBay

STOP .. buying **bleep** products from overseas.. they are the masters of counterfeiting anything and everything, if you are buying to get a deal, then you are getting what you deserve..quality , and reliable flash drives are not 2$, or 5$ with free shipping..  try buying from a company close by.. even try walmart. when they go on sale .. they are very cheap. and you have the ability to return them if they don't work..

if you are trying to buy from every asian seller to find a good one.. PLEASE keep in mind most of them are all selling the same thing, with the same photos, for close to the same price.. 

Ding, Ding , Ding.. we have a winner.. they are all doing the same thing..

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Threats from eBay

Buying cheap items from China is going to become problematic. 

The eBay warning  you received is "real" and unless you change your buying habits your account may be suspended or shut down for too many "item not received" claims and/or returns.  

Focus on Sellers in Canada, USA, U.K and Europe.

Exclude the rest and you should have problem free transactions moving forward.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Threats from eBay

I liken it to an insurance policy on your property. If you make claims too often (it's insurance for a reason, so why not use it, right?) your deductible will rise and eventually the insurer will decide you're too high-risk to back and cut you loose. It's a bit like victim-blaming but the corporate entity is simply looking at its own best interests. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Threats from eBay

eBay doesn't care what the reason is for returning the items or putting in claims even if it is a legitimate complaint.  All they see is the number of returns or claims. They probably have a computer program that looks for this. I doubt it is an actual person who checks this out.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Threats from eBay

Undoubtedly, you're right. There's probably a magic percentage of 'cases' versus transactions that auto-triggers the email. I highly doubt any person reviews it unless some kind of an appeal is launched.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Threats from eBay

STOP .. buying **bleep** products from overseas.. they are the masters of counterfeiting anything and everything, if you are buying to get a deal, then you are getting what you deserve..quality , and reliable flash drives are not 2$, or 5$ with free shipping..  try buying from a company close by.. even try walmart. when they go on sale .. they are very cheap. and you have the ability to return them if they don't work..

if you are trying to buy from every asian seller to find a good one.. PLEASE keep in mind most of them are all selling the same thing, with the same photos, for close to the same price.. 

Ding, Ding , Ding.. we have a winner.. they are all doing the same thing..

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Threats from eBay

It's time to do your own cost analysis on these items.

It's very expensive to send tracked shipments overseas.

And it is also impossible * for foreign sellers to supply their buyers with usable return shipping labels.

So it's my guess that you are paying to return the useless thingies** to the non-Canada seller.

How much do the cheap thingies end up costing you when you factor in the cost of returns?

Are your refunds including the cost of return shipping****?

If you are not returning them, how much when you factor in the cost of the useless and discarded thingies?

How much when you factor in the cost of your time to deal with the bad transaction***?

And yep, eBay does kick unhappy customers to the curb. Whether the unhappiness is warranted or not (and I think most of the posters here are sympathetic, if grumpy) eBay does not want the cost of handling large numbers of Disputes.

There is a  pretty good chance that many of the companies you have dealt with have also become Not A Registered User (NARU) because eBay is not too thrilled with them either.

*So far. We have hopes of Shippo for US / Canada transactions.

**Technodolt. No idea what those are or are for.

***The minimum wage in BC is 18 cents a minute, for purposes of factoring time.

**** When an item is Not As Described, eBay insists that the seller pay return shipping if a Dispute has been opened.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Threats from eBay

@abyzmo84 wrote:

Hello,

A couple of days ago I received the following message from eBay.

Hello abyzmo84,

To keep eBay a trustworthy place for all members, we routinely review buying and selling activity. In reviewing your account, we found:
- A pattern of filing excessive number of returns and items not received claims.
Please be aware that if this activity continues, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limitations on your buying privileges or suspension of your account.

I never return good items and I never claim not receiving something I receive. The actual problem is that, due to nature of my business, I have to buy many microSD cards. And way too many of them on eBay are fake, i.e., they have around 1% of the advertised capacity when tested with designated software. Please check the following link for information - http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/-fake-usb-flash-memory-drives

I return items that are counterfeit and cannot be used. I really hope that was just an automated message and my account will not be affected. If nothing can be done to punish the scumbags for stealing money from people for selling junk, may I not be punished for seeking the truth?

Sincerely,
Alex

You are in my opinion trying to make easy money buying from china,but instead of making money on junk is which china is good at,find a wholesaler in the usa or canada save you a lot of grief and save you from getting booted from ebay,i would change my ways if i were you,ebay is not happy with your performance,take them very seriouse or find a new venue,just my opinion

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Threats from eBay

Just refund them and solve the problem.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply