What is ebay's insurance coverage policy on fake items when the seller in not registered anymore?

tremtan
Community Member

Hi.

I was scammed. I purchased what was represented to be 100% authentic sunglasses from a seller in Canada; however, I found out after receiving the item that it was 100% fake. And, when it arrived, it arrived from China.  Furthermore, the seller has removed his registration on ebay.  Clearly, a hit and run seller using friendly Canada as the smoke-screen.

I was wondering if anyone knows what ebay's insurance policy is on such a case; and, how to go about making a claim?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

What is ebay's insurance coverage policy on fake items when the seller in not registered anymore?

The seller did not remove himself. That takes nearly six months since eBay has a longish billing period.

The seller was tossed off the site-- likely for selling fakes.

You are protected. Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Recieved dispute. Say that the seller is Not A Registered User. (NARU). You should get a prompt refund.

EBay and Paypal recently split. It is possible that you need to claim through PP instead. Both are quick about NARU seller fraud.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply