Where do I find my user ID?

I have a seller who wants to know my "ebay ID". Is it safe to tell them. Where do I find it?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, that doesn't quite make sense. The only people who need to know your ebay userid are Sellers you currently have placed a bid with on an auction or a Seller you have actually made a purchase from ~ and they will have your ebay id they don't need to ask you for it. If you "ask a Seller a question" on an ebay listing they will see your ebay id. Otherwise no-one else needs to know your id. If this is an email request for your ID do not reply to the email and do not give out your id. Your id by the way, because you have posted on this forum is markXXXXXX (I won't fill in the rest) ~ anyone on the forum can see it but only because you have asked a question. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Your eBay ID is the username you have chosen and which shows to the left of your question here.  Any seller that you have purchased from or asked a question of, will already have your username.

Also be sure that any communication with a seller only takes place on eBay Messages, not through your personal email address.  This gives you more protection from those few unscrupulous sellers who are looking to take advantage of new eBayers.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply