Who deals with Global Shipping when an item is received broken? The buyer or the seller?

Hello.  I have received 3 different items broken in 3 weeks which were shipped through Global Shipping.  The seller of the first item made all the phone calls and had my refund in just a few days.  The seller of the second item has left the ball in my court and has told me to contact Global Shipping as the seller of the third item as also done.  I have not had this many problems with broken items before and now 3 in a row.  I have no idea what the process is when making a claim with Global Shipping.  Some information I have found says to start a item not as described case against the seller which eventually makes it way to Global Shipping who will investigate the claim and go from there.  I am not sure though and so any advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you kindly!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Who deals with Global Shipping when an item is received broken? The buyer or the seller?

You need to open Items Not as Described Cases and cite that you used the Global Shipping Program to handle it. 

If the sellers in question can prove the items were wrecked by employees of the GSP, they will not be held accountable for refunding you; ebay is obligated to do so since it is their program and their employees who did so. A smart seller knows this. Therefore, I would suggest the one of there who refunded your item right away acted prematurely. 

You will have to provide photos and other evidence of the damage claim.

Also be aware that by virtue of you opening three cases in rapid succession, you will probably find your ebay account under some scrutiny. Yet, if your stuff arrived broken, it's all that you can do. But if it were me, I'd be certain going forward that I only opened cases when absolutely necessary or you might find your user privileges curtailed. 

Let us know where it goes from here. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You need to open Items Not as Described Cases and cite that you used the Global Shipping Program to handle it. 

If the sellers in question can prove the items were wrecked by employees of the GSP, they will not be held accountable for refunding you; ebay is obligated to do so since it is their program and their employees who did so. A smart seller knows this. Therefore, I would suggest the one of there who refunded your item right away acted prematurely. 

You will have to provide photos and other evidence of the damage claim.

Also be aware that by virtue of you opening three cases in rapid succession, you will probably find your ebay account under some scrutiny. Yet, if your stuff arrived broken, it's all that you can do. But if it were me, I'd be certain going forward that I only opened cases when absolutely necessary or you might find your user privileges curtailed. 

Let us know where it goes from here. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I would do as MJ said. In the past, when the program was first introduced, I received *many* items damaged by the GSP. The program refunds you, not the seller. In the last year, all my GSP items arrived in good condition. I cross my fingers that it will stay that way.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply