Won auctions do not ever appear in my shopping cart ... How can I fix this?

Won auctions have not been appearing in my shopping cart for the past year.

It results in my having to pay each seller individually, even though they are all in the same currency, and the sellers all accept Paypal.

If there's a setting for this, I can't find it.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not sure the reason for this. My as-a-buyer won auctions appear in my Shopping Cart as they should. 

There is a seller account setting that stops a seller's item for being included in multi-order checkouts (or at least there used to be) but this is outside your control, it's a seller setting. Besides, it seems unlikely that each seller is unchecking that option in their own settings.

You could call Customer Service by wading through the Help & Contact options at the top and bottom of each desktop page but this may ultimately prove to be an exercise in futility. It sounds like a technical issue and the CSRs are often unclear on those except to log a report that probably goes straight to file G.

Give other members a chance to offer their theories as to the reason this is happening and you might be further ahead. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your info ... I've had this problem all year ... none of my purchases or won auctions ever appear in the cart ... and just thought it was the same for everyone since it never got fixed. Guess I'll have to call Customer Service if nobody else has any other ideas.
I wonder if it's my system ... I have Windows 10 and use both Chrome and Microsoft Edge as browsers.
Very strange, anyway.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I just called Customer Service and they were no help at all. From what I could understand (her English was rather poor), she said the option is no longer available and that I must pay for all won auctions individually if they are all different sellers.

This seems like a major step backwards in buyer convenience, as it is very time-consuming, whereas in the past I could do it all with one click.

Major bummer.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm not certain the CSR gave you factual information. I think they are pressured to answer X number of queries per hour and will sometimes say anything at all to satisfy the caller they have in order to move on to the next one.

I cannot think of any valid reason the Shopping Cart would discriminate between won auctions and Buy It Now, regardless of whether they are from one seller or several. That's the entire point of a Cart. The only thing that it cannot handle is multiple currencies, and that is a Paypal problem, not an ebay one.

I would suggest this may be more likely due to your browser than whatever it is that Customer Service told you. My next suggestion is that you come back on Wednesday to ask ebay Canada staff directly. Join the Weekly Board Hour where eBay Canada staff will be available every Wednesday to answer questions from 1PM - 2PM Eastern. Raphael opens the thread around Noon CST and is often leaving it open overnight to the next morning. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073. It helps if you can give him Item numbers to look at.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the tip, mjwl2006, I wasn't aware of this Weekly Chat Session thing.
I will definitely try to make it ... and hopefully find an answer.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply