You are telling me to pay for an item I bid and won but the seller does not ship to canada

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

You are telling me to pay for an item I bid and won but the seller does not ship to canada

Why, then, did you bid on an item where the seller does not ship to Canada?  

First send a VERY nice polite message to the seller asking them to add a shipping fee to the item so you can pay.  They might not want to do this if their listings say they don't ship to Canada.  

If the seller has not yet opened an UNPAID ITEM case against you, ask the seller for a cancellation.  The seller can choose "problem with the buyers address".   If the seller has opened the UI case it is too late to cancel. 

The reason for the UNPAID ITEM case is because the seller needs to get back the selling fees.  It is not personal.  When an item sells, or someone wins an auctions, the seller is charged fees on the sale at that instant, even before they have received any payment.  

The only way to get the fees back is to "prove" the item was not paid for and that means filing an UNPAID ITEM case.  

In the future when you are looking at items always make sure you are shopping from the Canadian eBay and that the little Canadian flag is always at the top of the page.  That way any listing you see here means the seller will ship to Canada.  If no shipping fee is visible on the listing, ask the seller what they charge to mail it to you.  

ebay canada.jpg

Message 2 of 2
latest reply