how to deal with a seller who doesn''t respond but posts an unpaid item case against you?

I purchased an item and tried to pay, but....got a message stating seller was unable to accept payment. So I tried again several times...same thing. I reached out to the seller but they would not respond and I tried several times over a period of about 2 weeks. Eventually I asked that they cancel the item and still no response. I left negative feedback because I was so mad. They then opened an unpaid item case against me. I tried again to pay only to get the same message and tried to reach out to the seller with no response. How do I get this case closed and taken off my account. I always pay within 24 hours????

PLEASE HELP!!! I am so frustrated and want this gone.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

how to deal with a seller who doesn''t respond but posts an unpaid item case against you?

I left negative feedback because I was so mad. They then opened an unpaid item case against me.

Yeah. That neg may be the only message that is getting through to the seller. And the neg led to the UID.

I don't blame you, it is very frustrating when you can't get through to the seller.

Does the original listing show that the seller ships to Canada?

Not just on his shipping page, but is there any indication that he does NOT in the Description.

This is where the mobile app falls down. Can you check the listing on a desktop or laptop?

Is the GSP involved?

That would be another indication that the seller is nervous of non-US shipping.

An awful lot of sellers were defaulted into the GSP when it was first introduced. Although it has been around for over three years you could be the first non-US buyer your seller has met.

Do you have any sort of PP invoice?

but....got a message stating seller was unable to accept payment.

The seller's email would be on that and direct communication, not through eBay Messages might help.

Do state in the Dispute that the seller has not given you a shipping cost or an invoice.

If worse comes to worst, you get a UID Strike.

If that is the only one you've had, you can ask for it to be removed. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If you can't have it removed and it is the only one, it will make no difference to your ability to bid and buy.

No one can see it but you.

A second Strike would automatically Block you from bidding on with most sellers, however.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I left negative feedback because I was so mad. They then opened an unpaid item case against me.

Yeah. That neg may be the only message that is getting through to the seller. And the neg led to the UID.

I don't blame you, it is very frustrating when you can't get through to the seller.

Does the original listing show that the seller ships to Canada?

Not just on his shipping page, but is there any indication that he does NOT in the Description.

This is where the mobile app falls down. Can you check the listing on a desktop or laptop?

Is the GSP involved?

That would be another indication that the seller is nervous of non-US shipping.

An awful lot of sellers were defaulted into the GSP when it was first introduced. Although it has been around for over three years you could be the first non-US buyer your seller has met.

Do you have any sort of PP invoice?

but....got a message stating seller was unable to accept payment.

The seller's email would be on that and direct communication, not through eBay Messages might help.

Do state in the Dispute that the seller has not given you a shipping cost or an invoice.

If worse comes to worst, you get a UID Strike.

If that is the only one you've had, you can ask for it to be removed. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If you can't have it removed and it is the only one, it will make no difference to your ability to bid and buy.

No one can see it but you.

A second Strike would automatically Block you from bidding on with most sellers, however.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The seller is in China, with only 19 FB. There may be a language problem combined with newbie nerves.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This isn't a wedding dress is it?
Those are way too often fraudulent. And google' Don't buy your prom dress from China' for the other problem.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

no this was just a scarf. When I try to pay the message pops up "Seller is unable to accept payment at this time please try again later" I tried several times over 2 week period before asking to cancel order then finally leaving neg feedback for seller as they did not reply to any contacts I sent.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Seems the item is now gone from my listing. Thank you to everyone who had suggestions or answeres for me.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply