i do i get ebay to help me with not receiving an item

i purchased an item from a seller in California paid by paypal and item was shipped when it got to Canada it was not delivered to me and also said they had delivered it on the tracking number this is incorrect i have Canada Post investigating. What do i do now, the seller responded to me telling to elevate this to ebay can you please guide me on the process to get this to ebay to help me. i dont don a lot of buying on ebay but this is the first time i have had a problem with not receiving my item. i would like a response on what to do next the seller will not refund my money and also i really want this item. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

i recently had that happen to me,i shipped from vernon bc to calgary alta with tracking it showed delivered but the guy said he never got it,i put in a claim with canada post that is a real pain,but anyway a few days later the customer got hold of me and said it was delivered to a neighbour of his and that finally got the item so was a happy ending might hve to call canada post and they will look after it

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This is a tough spot to be in as a buyer.

Tracking says delivered, and the seller responsibility for it ends with the post office (his subcontractor) telling him they finished their job by giving it to you. What your seller should do is open a claim starting with USPS that a delivery scan error was made, and let the post offices investigate. This takes time, a lot of time when two post offices are involved. 

So what can you do now? Start by searching your property to see where a mailman or courier might have left it. I'm assuming you've done this already, so the next step is to ask your neighbours (by friendly note or in person) if they might have received a package by mistake. 

Still nothing? Then you're left with filing a police report. Talk to the police to report a theft. Really. If it was left on your property for you and someone stole it from your mailbox or doorstep, this is theft. The postal corporation is allowed to 'safe-drop' in most cases and will do so if they can. They will assume it will be safe until you can open the door and bring it inside. 

Once you have a police report incident number, you can go to paypal or your credit card company and start asking them to refund you and see if at least you can get your money back. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What do i do now, the seller responded to me telling to elevate this to ebay can you please guide me on the process to get this to ebay to help me.

You can open an Item Not Received Dispute at the bottom of this page in the Resolution Centre.

However, if the tracking shows the item was delivered, it probably was. Canada Post is quite good about that.

Have you gone to the local PO and asked if, by chance the postie marked it delivered before he got to your house, then took it back to the PO when you were not home? Human error.

I can think of no reason for the seller to tell you to elevate the problem to a Dispute. He is risking a Defect on his selling account and the problem is, as already said, with Canada Post, not the seller.

Perhaps he knows that when you lose the Dispute, and you will, you will not be able to leave feedback. Still, since he is not at fault there is no reason to leave feedback at all.

The first useful step is to go to the Postal Outlet.

The second is to get that police report. Give a copy to the postmaster at the local Post Office (which is not the same as the Postal Outlet) because if the problem is with the delivery person, the postmaster needs to know.

Then go to the credit card I hope you back your Paypal account with, phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask the customer service clerk about a chargeback.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

a seller in California paid by paypal and item was shipped when it got to Canada it was not delivered to me

Are you sure the tracking says it was delivered IN CANADA?

Does it say it was delivered to Erlanger KY?

If so, there is no problem. The seller is using the Global Shipping Program and his responsibility ended when it got to the GsP plant in Kentucky.

From there it is shipped 'in bond' to Canada and will arrive on your doorstep about 20 days after purchase.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply