lots of orders i dont receive lately is this normal ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this is the new normal.

But you are protected by eBay and by Paypal.

The systems are similar, with a few different detals

Start with the neg you left for the NARU seller.

Since it seems to have been less than six months you are covered.

Paypal gives you 180 days from payment. (Check a calendar.)

Find the transaction number and copy it.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of the account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

Skip the suggestion that you Contact the Seller.

State in the Dispute that the seller is Not A Registered User, and ask that PP step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded by PP,who will go after the seller for their money.

For any others, start with eBay.

First look at the eBay transaction for the last estimated delivery date.

You have 30 days after that date to open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of the eBay page.

Same process as eBay.

If you have already tried to communicate with the sellers, skip that step and go to the Claim.

It would be polite to contact the sellers you have not tried.

Keep it simple."When was this sent? What service was used? What is the tracking number?"

You want either a number that shows it is in Canada (and therefore will eventually be delivered. Probably before the Bicentennial.)

OR

an immediate refund from the seller.

If you don't get either, escalate to a Claim.

Chinese sellers are probably as honest as any others, but there are a lot of them, so there are a lot of scammers. And CBSA, drug smugglers, CanadaPost and the UPU are not helping.

TL/DR

Don't worry about delays, get your money back.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, this is the new normal.

But you are protected by eBay and by Paypal.

The systems are similar, with a few different detals

Start with the neg you left for the NARU seller.

Since it seems to have been less than six months you are covered.

Paypal gives you 180 days from payment. (Check a calendar.)

Find the transaction number and copy it.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of the account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

Skip the suggestion that you Contact the Seller.

State in the Dispute that the seller is Not A Registered User, and ask that PP step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded by PP,who will go after the seller for their money.

For any others, start with eBay.

First look at the eBay transaction for the last estimated delivery date.

You have 30 days after that date to open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of the eBay page.

Same process as eBay.

If you have already tried to communicate with the sellers, skip that step and go to the Claim.

It would be polite to contact the sellers you have not tried.

Keep it simple."When was this sent? What service was used? What is the tracking number?"

You want either a number that shows it is in Canada (and therefore will eventually be delivered. Probably before the Bicentennial.)

OR

an immediate refund from the seller.

If you don't get either, escalate to a Claim.

Chinese sellers are probably as honest as any others, but there are a lot of them, so there are a lot of scammers. And CBSA, drug smugglers, CanadaPost and the UPU are not helping.

TL/DR

Don't worry about delays, get your money back.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I have noticed this, too... especially from China. It makes me wonder if this is intentional - to keep the product and hope the buyer forgets to open a resolution case on time - seller gets to keep the money. 😠 eBay should be penalizing this practice - if there is a pattern with a particular seller. I am worried that my many requests for refunds of late will make it seem like I'm the one not paying for the merchandise (that I never receive!). 😞  It would be really good, too, if the search engine allowed us to search Worldwide EXCEPT in a certain country (in my case, I'd single out China until they stop this non-shipping practice)!  In all my refund requests, I do state that I will repay the refund IF the item arrives within a week or so.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply