report a seller

I was bidding on a Misfit Flash NIB Coca-Cola Red Fitness + Sleep Monitor Cyclist tracking FREESHIP with seller  immediately after placing the bid I realized that the shipping showed $22. I contacted the seller and told him I would like to cancel my bid  as the shipping was to high and did not see it as the description say Free Ship. The seller emailed my back saying that if I win he will adjust the shipping to $2.00. I did win the item and contacted the seller to adjust the price of shipping. He emailed me back saying that he was unable to do that. I suggested sending it to by on a buy now for what I won the item for, The seller said that he was not going to do that and listed the item again and cancelled my order!!!!

This is completely unethical. I did leave negative feedback but what other steps can be taken against this seller?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

report a seller

@cheeksnbubblez wrote:

I was bidding on a Misfit Flash NIB Coca-Cola Red Fitness + Sleep Monitor Cyclist tracking FREESHIP with seller  immediately after placing the bid I realized that the shipping showed $22. I contacted the seller and told him I would like to cancel my bid  as the shipping was to high and did not see it as the description say Free Ship. The seller emailed my back saying that if I win he will adjust the shipping to $2.00. I did win the item and contacted the seller to adjust the price of shipping. He emailed me back saying that he was unable to do that. I suggested sending it to by on a buy now for what I won the item for, The seller said that he was not going to do that and listed the item again and cancelled my order!!!!

This is completely unethical. I did leave negative feedback but what other steps can be taken against this seller?

You wanted him to ship the item for 2.00??? Of course he wont do that,Would You Take a 15.00 los on an item?Im Not Sure Im Getting The Whole Picture Here,But if i am You should Be Ashamed Of Your Self For Leaving Innapropriate FB For This Guy,You also Sound Very Vindictive To Want To Do More To This Guy,Sure Hope I Read This Wrong

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

report a seller

$2 won't ship a paperback book from BC to ON.

What you were doing was making a Best Offer, without going through the Best Offer process.

And on Best Offers, shipping costs (which go to the postal system, not the seller) are not part of the BO process.

I think it is time for you to take a look at this

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

and this

https://ircalc.usps.com/

and then apologize to the seller.

Tell him that if he asks eBay to remove your feedback, that you will agree.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

report a seller

I am always a little surprised when members win an item at give-away prices and then expect free shipping as well. While it may be true that some large sellers can afford to give their products away in the hopes of winning goodwill and more buyers for future purchases, you must have suspected deep down that a new seller like this would or could not just give you everything that you want. If you held a yard sale, would you accept people coming to your home to demand that you pay them to take your items? 

At any rate, you're not going to get this item for the price you hoped with $2 postage. The only thing that ships for $2 in Canada is domestic oversize mail like a thick greeting card. The fact you've always left negative feedback tells me that the seller in this case has no motive left to treat you nicely. In hindsight, it would have been better to instead insist your bid be cancelled. Your expectations were not realistic despite the seller's assurance and apparent inattention to the title of the listing. 

As in lige, sometimes things on ebay just do not work out as we hope.

Good luck as you carry forward.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

report a seller

@cheeksnbubblez wrote:

I see this as a GSP item so maybe that's where the problem is.  Those listings don't come up properly on the Canadian view and sometimes say FREE SHIPPING when the seller never intended that.  I had that problem with purses but I have read over the GSP threads so I now know what to watch out for.  

The seller probably did not know you were in Canada and so wouldn't know how much it would cost to mail.  

A seller really CAN'T change the deal after you win on a GSP.  There's just no getting rid of it from that point.  So not the seller's fault, not your fault either.  

The best thing to do is ask the seller for a FEEDBACK REVISION and leave a positive.  It will be best for both of you.  Everybody makes mistakes.

Then go to the BUYER CENTRAL  Discussion Boards and read all the Questions and Comments about how to avoid GSP listings.

EBAY DISC GSP.jpg

Message 5 of 5
latest reply