seller will only issue a refund if I gve 5 star feedback

I purchased some garnet beads from a Chinese source - advertised in the listing as AAA quality. I ordered two strands. 

When I received the beads it was evident that they are less than C quality and may not even be stone -- as there are "lumps" that appear to be glass sticking out from a few of the beads. 

I have been going back and forth with this seller -- I refuse to pay for return shipping, They will not. At first they offered just $2 refund and I can keep the beads (useless to me), then they offered to refund half of my money - and I could keep the useless beads.

Now they say that will refund my entire purchase price and I can keep their garbage beads BUT ONLY IF I CHANGE MY FEEDBACK OF THEM TO 5 STARS

I do not want to give them this as they certainly do NOT deserve it and I do not want to contribute to others being ripped off as I have. 

Can they even do this -- to hold my money hostage to me giving them a positive review?  It pretty much makes Ebay feedback worthless. 

Advise me please

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's called Feedback Extortion and should be reported to eBay.

For the rest.

How much did you pay for the beads?

At the ON minimum wage of 18 cents a minute, how much time and money have you wasted on this? (Include time spent brooding and fuming.)

At this point, you have left the negative feedback they richly deserve which will warn other buyers. You mention Stars -- did you also leave the lowest Detailed Seller Rating of ONE STAR? This is what eBay pays attention to, so I hope so.

Don't change your feedback. You could add a Response to the fb. The most effective Responses are calm and factual. "Will refund w/o return if I change feedback." for example.

You can add a Response to any feedback he may have left you too.

Mwah Hah Hah Hah.

And report the feedback extortion.

The beads will just irritate you as long as they are in the house. Donate them to a rummage sale or thrift store.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

And keep in mind you paid $3.45 for the beads. Dollar store prices/ dollar store quality.

Precious metals and gemstones are a worldwide market. While labour costs are low in China and India (etc.) the materials are the same cost there as here.

If you order such low cost items in future, assume you are getting glass, pot metal and plastic, no matter what you think they say. Then you will not be disappointed and may occasionally be surprised.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Leave your feedback as is and open a claim:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#doesntmatch

Now the seller has the added bonus of a claim to go along with his 5 star feedback agenda.

I'd ignore any further correspondence from the seller and settle the matter through the Resolution Center.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply