Received an item that wasn't as described but no longer appears in my purchase history.

Ordered a painting that when it arrived was a pathetic replica that barely resembled what I ordered, seller (from China) bought time but didn't resolve. Item doesn't appear in my purchase history at all anymore. Not even in the archives. ebay's contact support just strings us along in circles with no actual contact information. How do I send ebay a message?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Received an item that wasn't as described but no longer appears in my purchase history.

Your big was mistake was buying from the counterfeit, inferior product capital of the world. 

How long has it been since the sale? If it's not too late, file a not as described dispute through paypal's resolution centre instead of ebays.

Be warned, however, it would cost you much more to ship the item back to China then it did to get it. China's government subsidizes their shipping so sellers can offer cheap shipping prices but when the buyer wants to return the item, their postal service charges an arm and a leg to ship it back.

Chinese sellers on ebay are known to lie about re-sending items when item not received disputes are filed in order to get past the deadline to file a dispute. In your case, it will be astronomically high to return the item even if you filed within the deadline.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It is usually better to leave feedback after all steps to resolve an issue have been taken (filing disputes, getting a refund or the item). If it is close to the 60 day deadline to leave feedback, leave it so others will not what type of seller that is.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply