Rude seller who won't cancel my order and ignores my messages help please?

When I committed to buy an item from this I forgot to change the quantity but after I noticed I committed to buy after choosing the right quaintly(two orders to the same seller). I paid the seller for 2 necklaces and wanted the first commitment to buy to be cancelled. I sent a message explaining this to the seller and asked for the first order to be cancelled. The seller ignored my message and opened, unpaid case on me.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You ordered two necklaces and then only paid for one?

And you asked the seller to cancel the other?

Were they two identical necklaces or two different ones?

If the seller is overseas, and I notice you do a lot of buying from China, it is quite possible that she did not understand your request to cancel.

It is also very likely, especially if language is a problem, that she has her account set up to automatically open Unpaid Item Disputes after a set period (probably four days).

You have choices.

You can pay and get the two necklaces. The UID will end with your payment.

You can ask that the two items be combined for shipping and shipping be discounted appropriately. Again there may be a language problem, but this would reduce your cost.

You can not pay and get an Unpaid Item Strike, which will make it harder to bid on eBay in future*, although if this is the only time you let an order go Unpaid, this will not affect you much.

*Many if not most sellers have automatic Blocks against bidders with UID Strikes.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'jessica. . . .', 

<<committed to buy an item ... forgot to change the quantity . . .  committed to buy after choosing the right quaintly(two orders to the same seller). I paid ...for 2 necklaces and wanted the first ... cancelled.>>

Would I be right in supposing there are 3 necklaces involved in all this? 

It sounds to me like you bought a single order, but then reconsidered and bought a double order.

You paid only for the double order, and wished to cancel the single.

Not that it matters, the answer is the same.  The seller probably has the Unpaid auto-file set up, especially if it is a seller with a lot of listings.  Still, she should have responded to you since you did, after all, pay for 2 of her items.  Most sellers would not risk irritating a buyer so early in the transaction.  

So yes, your choices are pay up or get a strike.  In future you must read a listing carefully from top to bottom and be sure of your decision before committing to buy.  But that is no help to you now.  

If you do not wish to pay for the first single order, you may be able to have the Unpaid strike removed by calling ebay (the Help & Contact link at the top of the page).  Have a look at the following link about unpaid items, -- ebay expects people to choose wisely and pay for the items they buy.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/unpaid-item.html#policy

Ebay is not vindictive, however, so you may be able to get the strike lifted because you did, after all, pay for more of the seller's items, and didn't simply decide to buy nothing.  

Otherwise, just make sure you don't get another strike.  Place items in your Watch List (see just below the Buy Now button) and look over them thoroughly before deciding.  

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
latest reply