Seller Can't Find Auction Item

Hi,

I won an auction on which I was the sole bidder.  A few days after I paid, the seller tells me that he can't find the item.  He is now offering me a refund.  Is this allowed?  What kind of practice is this, auctioning items that you don't know you have?  Or perhaps the seller was not happy with the sale price?   What should I do??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

On the other hand, accidents happen.

The dog eats the tablecloth, the kids get into the sealed box and play with the Legos, the first edition book on further examination turns out to be second printing, the item was offered on multiple sites and was sold elsewhere but the eBay listing was not corrected/deleted, or an item that was on the third shelf from the left I swear I saw it there last week when I scanned it can't be found today.

It's annoying, and the seller may be lying, but really all you lost was a little time. He seller has refunded your money and can't/won't ship.

You have 60 days to leave feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

It is not unusual for a seller to not sell an item if the price doesn't go up as high as they want. It is against ebay policy to refuse the sale but some try it any way. This is the first time I've heard of a seller not being able to find the item. I'm sure that's not the real reason. Did the seller relist? If not, check to see if they do later and see if the price is higher.

Accept the refund. It's up to your to either accept or decline a transaction cancellation if the seller sends you one.

Take the refund and leave the appropriate feedback and DSR, rating..

0 in the DSR will not affect the seller but 1's will.