Seller has not shipped my item yet.

I bought an item and the seller said that most items are shipped within a day of receiving cleared payment. I payed by e-check through Paypal on April 28th and the payment cleared on May 6th, but the item still hasn't shipped. The seller also hasn't answered any of my emails asking why it hasn't been shipped yet. Please explain why this might be happening or what I should do about it? The seller has a great rating and great feedback.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

While not every seller will mark a package sent when it is, I would be concerned about the lack of communication.

Your payment cleared  nine days ago.

Send ONE more email asking for the date of shipment, service used and tracking number.

Don't worry if there is no tracking number. This is of benefit only to the seller but it puts her on her toes.

If there is still no communication, on Day 20 (May 26) open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre below. Twenty days is lots of time for arrival from North America or Europe.

If the seller is in Asia, you could give an extra ten days. But again the lack of communication is a worry.

Do NOT accept an offer of replacement. It won't arrive.

If the item arrives after the refund, you can repay it by using Paypal's Send Money service.

All this still stands if the seller used the Global Shipping Program from USA or UK. It plays out a little differently, but your actions are the same.

In future, could I suggest that you attach a credit card to your Paypal account. This is faster than an e-cheque (payment from your bank account which is what caused the clearance delay) and is more secure. Not only does the seller have no access to your financial information, but you have a second court of appeal if things go pear-shaped, from the card's chargeback feature.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

While not every seller will mark a package sent when it is, I would be concerned about the lack of communication.

Your payment cleared  nine days ago.

Send ONE more email asking for the date of shipment, service used and tracking number.

Don't worry if there is no tracking number. This is of benefit only to the seller but it puts her on her toes.

If there is still no communication, on Day 20 (May 26) open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre below. Twenty days is lots of time for arrival from North America or Europe.

If the seller is in Asia, you could give an extra ten days. But again the lack of communication is a worry.

Do NOT accept an offer of replacement. It won't arrive.

If the item arrives after the refund, you can repay it by using Paypal's Send Money service.

All this still stands if the seller used the Global Shipping Program from USA or UK. It plays out a little differently, but your actions are the same.

In future, could I suggest that you attach a credit card to your Paypal account. This is faster than an e-cheque (payment from your bank account which is what caused the clearance delay) and is more secure. Not only does the seller have no access to your financial information, but you have a second court of appeal if things go pear-shaped, from the card's chargeback feature.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you, turned out the seller was not well and did not receive my messages, my item is now shipped. Thank you for the advice.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply