Seller no longer registered on eBay. No tracking number. What next?

I have a message in my Purchase History that says the listing is removed and the seller deregistered. All I can find seems to deal with contacting a normal seller. I have a record of payment from PayPal. What should I do? I would like the item; but failing that, I want a refund. I have never encountered this before! Please advise. Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Go there and open an Item Not Recieved claim. Mention that the seller is NARU.

There is very little chance that the seller has sent anything. Usually a NARU seller has done many awful things before the boot came down.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If paid by Paypal, you still have the protection, but be careful to not to exceed the 45 days protection period.

You can still wait a few days, sometimes the seller has shipped the item.

If you don't see that item in your mail, before the expiration of your 45 days period, go on your Paypal account, on the resolution center and open a dispute for "Item Not Received". If the seller doesn't respond to you, you can, after a few days of the opened dispute, escalate it to a claim and Paypal will analyse and will probably refund you. If no move by the seller or you after 20 days, the dispute automatically closes!

Be careful if the seller asks you "to wait a few more days" or to "wait, he will reship another item" or "cancel the dispute before and after he refunds you".  Close the dispute ONLY AFTER refund ou AFTER item received.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Personally for me if a seller goes NARU "Not a registered user"  I would file a claim on Paypal immediately, there is no reason to wait. It the item does show up you can always send the seller the funds later.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Go there and open an Item Not Recieved claim. Mention that the seller is NARU.

There is very little chance that the seller has sent anything. Usually a NARU seller has done many awful things before the boot came down.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, I forgot to get back to you and say that I did as you suggested and I did get a refund. I would have really liked the Upstairs Downstairs Seasons, getting the $$ back was good too! thanks!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

> Be careful if the seller asks you "to wait a few more days" or to "wait, he will reship another item" or "cancel the dispute before and after he refunds you". Close the dispute ONLY AFTER refund ou AFTER item received.

I couldn’t agree more. I have seen some Chinese sellers abuse eBay’s universally short deadlines by using these kinds of lines in order to string people along just long enough to pass the deadline to request a refund and/or leave feedback, then they just block your messages and enjoy your stolen money.

ALWAYS make sure to open a dispute at least a few days before the deadline and make sure to leave feedback as soon as possible.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I was wondering if you had to wait the 10 days as user is no longer registered? I am having the same problem on my end/

Thanks
Message 7 of 7
latest reply