Seller offered to replace my item, but they haven'et

brimca0
Community Member

I opened a return request because my item wasn't as described.  The seller offered to replace it instead and I agreed.  They sent me a message to confirm what size I had, but I didn't get a notification so I didn't respond for a while.  When I found that they were waiting on info from me to proceed, I contacted them again to see if they could still replace it.  They said that they could and advised that I should contact them back for tracking in a few days.  I did, but they didn't respond.  I have sent a couple messages about the issue but they won't respond to those either.  At this point I do not have the item that I paid for and they have not done what they said that they would do.  How do I get them to do what they said or give me a refund?  I just want the item that I paid for.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

At this point, I would advise you to open a case in the Resolution Centre. It sounds to me as if there has been a communication breakdown. If more than 30 days has passed since you submit payment, you'll have to do that directly with paypal instead of ebay. Don't delay; there are deadlines to meet. Good luck as you carry forward.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Communication breakdown? No. It's a straight out scam.

The point is to keep you hanging until the deadline for a Dispute passes.

Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

The first step is to contact the seller, which you have already done, so go to Step Two and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove that you have received the item (which I suspect never existed) he will be told to refund you in full.

If he doesn't Paypal will and go after him for their money. He will not like that at all.

If you can't open a Dispute in either eBay or Paypal, go instead to the credit card you really paid with. (PP is just a useful mediator). Phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask the customer service rep about a chargeback.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply