Seller relisted item!

Hello everyone.  A few days ago I had an experience with an American seller who had a listing on eBay. ca with Global Shipping which I posted here.   The listing was for a vintage pocket watch which I won  being the only bidder.  I had contacted this seller before bidding for the size of the watch which they answered and I then again contacted them with a thank you.  An hour after I won the auction my purchase was cancelled with no explanation other than eBay sending me a message stating that the seller cancelled my purchase which I already knew.  I contacted the seller and they apologized but didn't realize they had Global Shipping on their listing and that they don't ship to Canada.  Whatever!!  Two days later I see the watch has been listed again, now without G.S. but now has shipping to the U.S. and Canada!  Go figure!  I won that auction fair and square but the seller cancels out because of my being in Canada and now relists with shipping to Canada included.  Something tells me this seller wanted to relist to try and get more bidders and more money.  The fun never ends shopping on eBay!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Seller relisted item!

If you still want to deal with him.

Bid once. Bid late. Bid your maximum.

But don't get into a discussion about it and don't be surprised if he has you on his Blocked Bidder List, for whatever reason.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Seller relisted item!

"Something tells me this seller wanted to relist to try and get more bidders and more money."

Maybe, maybe not.  I generally give people the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming the worse in them.

Quite possibly the seller did not know how to deal with the situation and saw relisting without GSP as the way to handle it.

If you are still interested, bid the very same price and see what happens.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Seller relisted item!

We had a similar thing happen with a USA seller a few weeks ago. I am still furious about it. It was a uncommon tv part with only 3 on ebay worldwide and we passed on another bidding auction to buy it now with this seller for $20US free shipping so as to not risk loosing the other auction. So the auction we passed on ends with one bid at $12CDN + $12 shipping.

A few days later the seller cancels and won't respond, great. The only one left is in England for 34GBP ($65CDN) shipped. We had no choice but to buy this one.

So this wingnut seller cost us $41 extra in the end. The only recourse was to neg him.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Seller relisted item!

I wouldn't bother bidding again when the seller cancels my purchase because she doesn't ship to Canada and then relists the item with shipping to Canada on the listing. She should have honoured the purchase.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Seller relisted item!

Wait until near end of auction, then bid same price you did before if not already exceeded.

Unless you don't really care about said item any more...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply