Seller's mistake when shipping.

I've bought two items from a new US seller. This person sent one item to Kentucky and the other to Montreal, Canada, even if my address has always been only in Montreal and my ebay account very clear.

I wonder how I will get my money back and what will happen to the item gone to Kentucky! Did someone lived this situation before?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@visiteure wrote:

I've bought two items from a new US seller. This person sent one item to Kentucky and the other to Montreal, Canada, even if my address has always been only in Montreal and my ebay account very clear.

I wonder how I will get my money back and what will happen to the item gone to Kentucky! Did someone lived this situation before?

Check the listing to see if the item sent to Kentucky is being shipped via the the Global Shipping Program (GSP).

How GSP works for USA to Canada.

1. USA Seller mails it to Kentucky.

2. Pitney-Bowes collects taxes and duty for the Canadian government and bills you.

3. Item then is bulk shipped into Canada, then shipped you.

4 (optional): Canadian ebay buyer then complains about the GSP.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

jpdjb5
Community Member

One item looks like as send with the GSP (Global Shipping Program) to Kentucky (Pitney Bowes Center). Check if you paid for custom fees.

Many US sellers misunderstood the GSP and don't know how get out this service for low priced item.

GSP means : You have to wait more days than usual before the box arrive at your mailbox...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@visiteure wrote:

I wonder how I will get my money back and what will happen to the item gone to Kentucky! Did someone lived this situation before?

Check the listing to see if the item sent to Kentucky is being shipped via the the Global Shipping Program (GSP).

How GSP works for USA to Canada.

1. USA Seller mails it to Kentucky.

2. Pitney-Bowes collects taxes and duty for the Canadian government and bills you.

3. Item then is bulk shipped into Canada, then shipped you.

4 (optional): Canadian ebay buyer then complains about the GSP.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The item that went to Kentucky is probably a GSP item. Because it already has had the Canadian duty and sales tax paid when you purchased, it will cross the border a little faster.

Normally it takes 10 to 20 days for items to arrive from the USA with the GSP.

The other item was sent to you directly in Montreal.

If you are lucky the seller used USPS . If the item was valued under $20CN (about $16USD) there will be no Canadian duty or sales tax, nor will the $9.95 Canada Post service charge apply.  In some cases the CBSA and Canada Post waive duty and sales tax on low value items that legally should be charged these fees. Don't count on it, but there is a pretty good chance.

Normally it takes 10 to 20 days for items to arrive from the USA directly through USPS.

If the seller uses a courier for the directly sent parcel, you will be charged duty and sales tax on your doorstep. You will also be charged the courier's service fee, which starts around $25CDN. FedEx will not charge you on your doorstep. They are sneakier and will bill you later.

Normally it takes 10 to 20 days for items to arrive from the USA by courier.

Your seller cannot combine GSP shipments with other non-GSP shipments.

In future, look for this note on the listings that interest you.

Customs services and international tracking provided

These will charge you duty and sales taxes. They are GSP listings.

This note does not appear if you are shopping on a mobile device nor if you use the Grid view for Search.

If either the Montreal or the Kentucky item has not arrived by Day 30 after payment, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If the seller (or the GSP) cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply