Sent by regular mail without tracking number?

So I bought an item and the next day I get a message saying its been shipped in regular mail without a tracking number. And hearing about this made me very nervous. He also said that it will arrive faster? So I asked why there is no tracking number and then I get this:

"According to the rule of my company , If you need a tracking number can track the parcel , you have to pay another $ 2.5"

The tracking number makes me feel uneasy. I wont be able to track it and it was shipped on march 2nd (3rd due to timezones)

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Meh.

Buyers may want tracking numbers, but they are not important to you*. If the item doesn't arrive in 20 days (and it should arrive before that) you can contact the seller again.

If it doesn't arrive in 30 days, open an Item Not Received dispute.

If it arrives when you are not home, the PO will leave a notice and you can pick it up at the local outlet.

The cost of tracked mail would be a fair bit more than $2.50, depending on the location of your shipper, the dimensions and the weight of the package.

For example the cheapest 'tracked' envelope from the USA to Canada would be over $20. (First Class International Parcel).

*They are urgently important to sellers due to the Resolution process.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Meh.

Buyers may want tracking numbers, but they are not important to you*. If the item doesn't arrive in 20 days (and it should arrive before that) you can contact the seller again.

If it doesn't arrive in 30 days, open an Item Not Received dispute.

If it arrives when you are not home, the PO will leave a notice and you can pick it up at the local outlet.

The cost of tracked mail would be a fair bit more than $2.50, depending on the location of your shipper, the dimensions and the weight of the package.

For example the cheapest 'tracked' envelope from the USA to Canada would be over $20. (First Class International Parcel).

*They are urgently important to sellers due to the Resolution process.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you lots now I see the picture. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply