Shipping to post boxes.

Hello everyone!  I have been on the hunt for a certain type of antique composition doll.  I have a couple already but having been trying  to find a certain style of doll that proves to be somewhat elusive.  It is a popular style of doll with collectors.  I found a seller in New York on eBay.com who has a beautiful doll but doesn't ship internationally.  I contacted the seller just to see if he might ship here and  originally he mentioned he would check out shipping to Canada but in his next message he decided he didn't want to ship outside the States.  My son has a post box in Sumas, Washington which the seller says he will ship to.  Would I be able to have this doll shipped to my son's post box?  I am thinking  that my son's post box would have to be registered with eBay and Paypal if it isn't already and that he would have to bid for me.  Would this be the case?  This all may be an act of futility because I am certain the doll will fetch a high price beyond what I can afford but having this info about shipping would be good to know for the future.  Thank you in advance for any information that can be provided.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shipping to post boxes.

Would I be able to have this doll shipped to my son's post box?  I am thinking  that my son's post box would have to be registered with eBay and Paypal if it isn't already and that he would have to bid for me.

Yes, you can add 'gift' addresses to your PP account.

It would be wise to let your seller know what you are doing, since she is evidently a nervous sort.

Some US sellers will not ship to PO boxes because they use couriers who cannot deliver to PO boxes (the PO clerks won't sign for the parcel).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping to post boxes.

Just me again. I have been researching this issue and I have found that there are a number of companies in Sumas, Washington that provide an American shipping address to Canadian shoppers just for purchases made in the States that will only ship to American addresses. If I were to acquire one of these American shipping addresses can I then register this address with my eBay account and Paypal as a secondary shipping option? Thanks again.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Shipping to post boxes.

Both ebay and paypal allow for secondary ship-to addresses for this reason. Just be absolutely certain you're using the correct one as your Primary when you go to bid on your item. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Shipping to post boxes.

Would I be able to have this doll shipped to my son's post box?  I am thinking  that my son's post box would have to be registered with eBay and Paypal if it isn't already and that he would have to bid for me.

Yes, you can add 'gift' addresses to your PP account.

It would be wise to let your seller know what you are doing, since she is evidently a nervous sort.

Some US sellers will not ship to PO boxes because they use couriers who cannot deliver to PO boxes (the PO clerks won't sign for the parcel).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply