Something weird happened to my bidding.

I bidded on a Sigma 35mm/1.4 for Canon which should be ended at 2:17 am tonight. I made the last bid after 12 am, and thought I might get the sweet deal, then when I checked back at 1 am, that item was gone. And everything related to that seller are all gone. He had two more same lens bidding which should end two days later, he also had some biddings of the Tamron 24-70/2.8 lens. They're all gone. I couldn't find them in my recent visit items, I couldn't even find the links I visited from the IE history records of this seller. Looks like I just made a dream.

The seller location is Zhejiang, China. Forgot the id. Is it possible that the seller just broke the shipping options and everything disappeared from ebay.ca? But I believe I should at least find the link from IE browser history. Looks like something dangerous just happened.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

It is more likely that something dangerous was just avoided.

When listings vanish -- poof -- like that, it's usually because ebay has swept in after realizing the seller's items were not legit, or their account was hacked.

You were just saved from a world of pain. Count your blessings.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

"I made the last bid after 12 am, and thought I might get the sweet deal, then when I checked back at 1 am, that item was gone."

Avoid shopping in China as most transactions will be a disappointment.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is....

The auction was probably shut down due to fraudulent activity.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It is more likely that something dangerous was just avoided.

When listings vanish -- poof -- like that, it's usually because ebay has swept in after realizing the seller's items were not legit, or their account was hacked.

You were just saved from a world of pain. Count your blessings.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

"I made the last bid after 12 am, and thought I might get the sweet deal, then when I checked back at 1 am, that item was gone."

Avoid shopping in China as most transactions will be a disappointment.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is....

The auction was probably shut down due to fraudulent activity.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply