The currency exchange ends up being higher than it should countering a counter offer, why?

moldca4
Community Member

So I make a Best Offer on an item, $1 AUD = ~0.90 CDN.   Seller counters the offer and anytime I try  to counter his counter offer on any item, the currency exchange ends up being higher with no explanation, so $1 AUD = $1.15 CDN after a counter counter offer which I end up not going through with.  Is there a reason for this?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The currency exchange ends up being higher than it should countering a counter offer, why?

@moldca4 wrote:

So I make a Best Offer on an item, $1 AUD = ~0.90 CDN.   Seller counters the offer and anytime I try  to counter his counter offer on any item, the currency exchange ends up being higher with no explanation, so $1 AUD = $1.15 CDN after a counter counter offer which I end up not going through with.  Is there a reason for this?

Which currency are the offers being made in?

Are you sure about the which way the currency conversion is going?

Using your numbers:

1.00AU$ = 0.90CA$ would be the same as 1.00CA$ = 1.15AU$

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Keep in mind that the price a bank (or other financial institution) buys at will always be lower than the price it sells at.

Also, while most banks only change the exchange rate once a day or so, the actual exchange rates are constantly changing.

The bank has a fudge factor built into that rate.

Choose a currency. Do all your bargaining in that currency. KISS.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply