What do i do when something i never committed to buy pops up on my account twice?

OK, so i ordered a phone from seller and paid right away. Later i checked my buying/committed to list and the item was the only thing there. 2 days pass and i log in only to find 2 of the same different items in my committed to buy list sold by the same seller along with my original item. The seller then opened 2 cases. I was instructed to talk to them but they would not reply. What do i do. Was it hack?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What do i do when something i never committed to buy pops up on my account twice?

Is it possible that you hit 'commit to buy' three times by mistake? Like, if the page lagged and you backspaced and then 'commit to buy' a second and/or third time?

Or does anyone else use your computer or device? 

Small children in particular have been known to open the ebay iPhone app and press lovely blue buttons without knowing what they mean. If you left your device unattended and you were logged into ebay at the time, that might explain it. 

Otherwise, you might have to talk to ebay about unauthorized use of your account.....?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you bought and paid for one phone, you should expect to receive one phone.

If your seller believes you bought three phones, but will not respond to a phone call, Contact him through the listing and explain the problem.

Remember that Canada gets 200,000 immigrants every year and your seller may have limited spoken English skills. Writing is more useful for that , especially if he has discovered Google Translate, and also puts your problem on record.

Explain politely that you did not intend to buy more than one phone and ask for a Mutual Cancellation of the other two purchases.

Explain that you will agree immediately. Tell him that you will leave positive feedback (and do, of course).

Explain that the MC will release both of you from the transaction, so he can find a happy, paying customer for his other two phones.

Explain that the MC will refund his selling fees (about 20% of the money you are being charged, so , important).

And I just noticed that he has already opened the Unpaid Item Disputes.

Allow him to save face. He may be just confused and not dishonest.

You don't have to pay for the phones you don't want. But if he opens an Unpaid Item Dispute about them, you will get Strikes that will make it harder for you to bid and buy on eBay.

If he doesn't send the phone you did pay for promptly, you can also open a Dispute, as Item Not Received, but let's hope this is a case of confusion and not avarice.

Politely.---Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply