Where is the "Everything Else" category?

mad-sci
Community Member

How do I browse to the "Everything Else" category?

On the top left, I used to be able to click "Shop By Category" and then "See all categories". There was a section for "Everything Else", inside that there was "Weird Stuff" and a bunch of other categories.

Now, it is different. The list is awful; it scrolls at about one pixel at a time, it is harder to read, and "Everything Else" and its sub-categories aren't there.

Where do I find the missing categories?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ahhh -- the ebay.com versus ebay.CA difference.  And in this case ebay.CA is the working choice (until the next update...).

An ebay.COM workaround is to use the dropdown on the right side of the search box (you can leave the search box blank), then hit Search, then pick the subcategory you want from the results left side.

everything com view700.jpg

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@mad-sci wrote:

... Now, it is different. The list is awful; it scrolls at about one pixel at a time, it is harder to read, and "Everything Else" and its sub-categories aren't there.

Suggestion: install an ad blocker -- it may help with the scrolling speed.

I usually use the dropdown on the right side of the search box, then refine from the results page.

However, I just checked the dropdown on the left side of the search box and after clicking on "See all categories" found:

everything.jpg

Last thought: are you using a mobile device or desktop computer when viewing?

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That is how it used to look for me too. Now, if I select "See All Categories" from the dropdown on the left (next to the ebay logo" I get across the top Motors Fashion Electronics etc.

I'd post a screen cap here, but there is no option to do so. Here is a link to a screen cap:

http://madsci.no-ip.com/ebay.jpg

The category Everything Else and its sub-categories is missing.

I am on a desktop system.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Are you looking on eBay.CA or eBay.COM?

On .CA, I see what ypdc_dennis shows in his screenshot. On .COM, I see what you show in your screenshot.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ahhh -- the ebay.com versus ebay.CA difference.  And in this case ebay.CA is the working choice (until the next update...).

An ebay.COM workaround is to use the dropdown on the right side of the search box (you can leave the search box blank), then hit Search, then pick the subcategory you want from the results left side.

everything com view700.jpg

-..-

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi, I'm looking on ebay.com.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ok, thanks, I'll try that.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply