Where's my saddle?

Hello folks.  Another smoke filled day in B.C.   I have just spent too much time trying to find a phone number to contact eBay but did not have any luck.  My situation is that I purchased a parade saddle from a seller from the U.S. back on July 7.  It was to be shipped through the Global Shipping program, ugh!  I received a message once the saddle was shipped by the seller but that is the last I have heard any thing about it.  Usually I would receive a message from Global that they received it and another once it has left their facility but I have received no messages from them at all.  The tracking number has not worked from day one.  I contacted the seller and they are away and so I'm left here with no way to find out what is going on.  Buyers should have a way to contact eBay over problems like this but they have made it impossible to contact anyone.  I have had nothing but problems with eBay as of late and eBay is not being helpful at all.  Any advice pertaining to this matter of the missing saddle would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Where's my saddle?

Horse tack seems to be a high fraud category.

My SIL is a senior barrel racer in Nanton and her FaceBook is constantly posted with theft reports.

I'd open an Item Not Received Dispute, without trying to go through either the seller or Customer Service.

The Snap Ship page has a banner headline about wildfires and how they may delay shipments in BC.

We're planning a trip to Calgary this month and have been watching the news for open routes.

Remember to say that your saddle was shipped through the GSP.

Worst case, you get the refund and the saddle arrives the next day.

On the other hand, I think someone has a phone number for Pitney Bowes. pjcdn?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Where's my saddle?

Horse tack seems to be a high fraud category.

My SIL is a senior barrel racer in Nanton and her FaceBook is constantly posted with theft reports.

I'd open an Item Not Received Dispute, without trying to go through either the seller or Customer Service.

The Snap Ship page has a banner headline about wildfires and how they may delay shipments in BC.

We're planning a trip to Calgary this month and have been watching the news for open routes.

Remember to say that your saddle was shipped through the GSP.

Worst case, you get the refund and the saddle arrives the next day.

On the other hand, I think someone has a phone number for Pitney Bowes. pjcdn?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Where's my saddle?

Email: global.shipping.support@pb.com
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Where's my saddle?

Email: global.shipping.support@pb.com  and see if they've handled the saddle yet.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Where's my saddle?

Has your area been directly impacted by wildfires? Canada Post has a banner running on top all their pages talking about mail re-routing in BC.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Where's my saddle?

Hello again. I went searching the internet and found a phone number for Global Shipping. When I phoned using this number a woman answered saying welcome to eBay. She was very nice and helpful. She checked with Global Shipping and the saddle never arrived. I have since filed a item not received case with this seller (crook)!! I have also messaged the seller who is not responding. I don't get people! Why would anybody do this and think they can get away with it. This seller had perfect feedback until now. $400.00 later and it's my belief that anybody using eBay to steal peoples money should be held accountable in more ways than just getting the boot from eBay. Mostly when it is a large sum of money. This is fraud and theft. I have been told by fellow members that the selling of horse tack on eBay is highly fraudulent and it's true. This has happened to me 3 times with the exact same style of saddle. A Parade of Diamonds saddle. Two were black and one was brown. I'm done with saddles!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Where's my saddle?

Coincidentally, I think I saw the Facebook posts to which you are referring. A few of my friends are horsey types. It's somewhat shocking to me that this is such a high-fraud area and also that people sent email money transfer to pay for the non-existent products. Paypal always, or at least a credit card, at best a credit-card-baked paypal transaction. You cannot trust strangers. Unless you meet them on ebay Canada Community. We're a lovely lot.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Where's my saddle?

Hello again. Just to let every one know, I received my refund for the saddle. Thank you all for your comments.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply