Why is it that the items for sale on the list of sale items shows up in Canadin dollars?

Why is it that the items for sale on the list of sale items shows up in Canadin dollars?

It does come up in American dollars when I open up the page to the sale.

Man stop "changing" eBay, you mess it up every time you do.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hello 'tikiskip',

It's not ebay changing things to play pranks on you, rather you have somehow clicked your way on to the Canadian ebay site.  Simply log out, and then return to the American  www.ebay.com  and log back in.  Then all will once more be as it should for you. 

If you find yourself up here again, you will know it by the little Canadian Flag icon at the top of the page.  We're very fond of visitors so please come back and visit if you get the chance.  

Happy travels. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@tikiskip wrote:

It does come up in American dollars when I open up the page to the sale.

List on ebay has worked like that for several years.  The default currency the list is shown in depends on which eBay site you are on. The idea is to make it easier to compare listings.

ebay.com shows in US$

ebay.ca shows Canadian $

japan shows in yen

germany shows euros

etc etc

The actual listing has the currency the seller is asking for when buying.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yep that is what went on.
Thanks.
BUT the never ending changes to ebay to me still are no help.
I don't do ebay all the time so when I do get back to selling I have to relearn how to use ebay and new changes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply