ask question about item not what i purchase do i have to pay shipping to return item if yes why

rebut902
Community Member

sent email about item was not what was describe can return  do if have to pay for shipping if yes why

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

ask question about item not what i purchase do i have to pay shipping to return item if yes why

Yes, you not only have to return the unwanted item but also use a Delivery Confirmed service.

The basic principle is that neither the buyer nor the seller can have both the item and the money.

The buyer pays for the return normally because that is the way Paypal and eBay set up the system.

The seller may be willing to accept a photograph of the damaged or mis-described item instead of a return. Usually this happens when the buyer as a first step contacts the seller.

Seeing the problem, the seller can refund the buyer or offer a partial refund.

If this does not happen, the buyer can go to eBay/PP for a refund.

Now again --The basic principle is that neither the buyer nor the seller can have both the item and the money.

Paypal wants assurance that the seller has his item back. Thus the Delivery Confirmation.

With DC, PP will refund the buyer and go after the seller for the money.

So.

Start by contacting the seller and politely asking for a refund. Include a picture of the problem. You have the seller's email address : it's on the PP transaction form.

If he agrees, good.

If he refuses, or offers a replacement, go to the Dispute . You will have to return the item.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

thks for the info
Message 3 of 3
latest reply