auctions that don't ship to canada in the search return, how to inform ebay.ca without phoning?

Is there any way to inform ebay.ca that they have auctions that very clearly are marked "will not ship to canada" turning up in their .ca searches without having to call ebay? What happened to emailing tech support? I can't believe its gone, this is 2014! Anyway REALLY irritating that these auctions are not filtered when searching on the .ca site.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

auctions that don't ship to canada in the search return, how to inform ebay.ca without phoning?

Hello.  You've noticed this also!  It seems that ever since Global Shipping kicked in this has been occurring more and more.  Item after item listed  on eBay.ca is from American sellers that have listed globally but don't ship globally.  It's obvious that eBay has not made sure that sellers using Global Shipping have any idea what the rules are pertaining to using this shipping.  I have had many messages left unanswered from American sellers with there items listed here.  My take on the situation is that they don't realize their items are listed here and don't feel it necessary to answer messages from buyers from other countries who they feel should not be bothering them.   It's not just items listed with Global Shipping.  I have noticed items shipped through U.S.P.S. are showing up here also.  The shipping shows that they ship here but their item description states in their own words that they don't ship out of the U.S.  I have know idea why eBay has allowed this situation to go on.  As Canadian buyers, we shouldn't be left  in a position of having to contact sellers about shipping even when their listing shows they ship here but it has got to that point.  eBay doesn't seem to place alot of  value on their Canadian customers and this situation has been going on for some time now with no sign that anything will change.  I don't know if there is any point in trying to contact eBay about this.  They haven't budged with Global Shipping even though most Canadians dread it.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

yeh I never buy an auction with the global shipping, the import/duty pre-charges are insane and hal the stuff I look at wouldnt even have duty on it to being with. NAFTA!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply