bad quality item that did not work

Hello,

the seller sent me bad quality item that did not work,pulling time and don't want to refund the money .

What should I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

open a claim with ebay if its been 30 days or less or if it has been over 30 days you have 180 days to open a claim through paypal,not sure what the problem is but if the seller dont want to do anything ebay or paypal will

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

For eBay the Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

You open an Item Not As Described dispute.

You have already contacted the seller so go directly to the claim.

If the seller kept you on the hook for too long and you cannot open an eBay claim, go to Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your account page under Tools.

Same type of Claim.

You may be required to return the item to the seller with Confirmation of Delivery.

EBay often makes the seller pay for this.

PP requires the buyer to pay for the return.

If the seller is overseas, this can be very expensive ($40 or more).

If the seller is not in Canada he CANNOT send you a return shipping label. Since your seller is being difficult, do not expect ever to see a refund of your return shipping.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'radsh-us', 

<< the seller sent me bad quality item that did not work . . . don't want to refund the money .

What should I do?>>

To begin with, your ought to look at the following link which explains what you should do whenever there is a problem:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#doesntmatch

If you familiarize yourself with the information therein this will not happen to you again.  Ebay allows 30 days to file a claim but obviously that it not often enough time for international orders, especially not cheap little items from Asia.  These usually come by boat which can take 6 weeks or more.  

Thus, paypal provides nearly 6 months in which to file a claim.  See Section 13.5 of the following:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

Once you know how the system works and what can be expected of you when opening a dispute, the shortcut is the phrase 'Resolution Center' at the bottom of the page.  

If none of that is of any help and you paid with a credit card, you can try calling the 1-800 Customer Service number on the back of the card and inquire about a chargeback.  You will need all the transaction details in front of you when you call.  

The first step in any grievance is to contact the seller.  You've done that, so on to step 2.  If ever you buy something and there is a problem, do not accept a promised replacement.  That is a stalling tactic and the item rarely arrives.  Just get your refund and move on.  

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
latest reply