can one hide their purchases part of their feedback from the public

Has ebay caught up to the modern times yet (as etsy has)...

is one able to hide their purchases from the public yet? (showing feedback from buyers is fine of course). Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

That option has always been there however

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

: If you have a private Feedback Profile, you will not be able to sell items on eBay.

If you have private feedback and want to sell something you

have to reset your feedback to public, until your sale is finished

and then you can put it back to private

A lot of users have 2 different accounts

1 for buying and 1 for selling.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you do have two (or more) IDs and use one for buying and one for selling, they can share a Paypal account. So you can make your purchases from your PP balance.

OTOH, if you back your purchases through PP with a credit card, you have an extra line of appeal if things go bad. And you have more time to pay since you don't have to pay off the card immediately.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You could hide your history for years. Nothing to get caught up to. It most likely was in place before Etsy existed.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I am not aware one can hide their history AND still sell. I am not talking about making your feedback private, in which case you cannot sell. I am talking about just hiding your PURCHASES from nosy friends and family. Can we do this on ebay? Please let me know how!...this is fabulous if so! I thought only etsy was smart enough for this! Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply