change shipping carrier

yolaba
Community Member

I got an item for 7.99 cdn and when I press calculate for shipping it says 10.36 cdn. Then I go to paypal to pay and there shipping jumps to 29. US !!! What can I do? I refuse to pay so much without having been told before I bought the item. Any help?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

change shipping carrier

did it not say what the shipping was before buying?where is the item comi

mg from and where is it going to big factor,the shipping can be very expensive from other countries,you need to contact,the seller,you just cant refuse or you may get a strike against you,you may ask the seller to cancel your order,they might or maybe they wont,but you need to do something other than refuse

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

change shipping carrier

did it not say what the shipping was before buying?where is the item comi

mg from and where is it going to big factor,the shipping can be very expensive from other countries,you need to contact,the seller,you just cant refuse or you may get a strike against you,you may ask the seller to cancel your order,they might or maybe they wont,but you need to do something other than refuse

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

change shipping carrier

Go back to the original listing.

Are you sure it was $7.99CDN and not $7.99 US (about $10.38CDN)?

The Calculate Shipping gives you the postage and packaging fee, which is in addition to the selling price.

Is that given in US or CDN dollars?

Is the seller using the Global Shipping Program. That would be a foolish use of that badly designed and worse executed program, but the seller may have be defaulted into it (many new sellers were).

The GSP charges Canadian duty (none on items valued under $20CDN/$$14USD), sales taxes (none on items that are not dutiable) and a $5 service fee that goes to Pitney Bowes who run the program.

If you pressed the Pay button twice, you can still contact the seller, explain your mistakes and ask for a Mutual Cancellation.

If he sends it, agree immediately and you will be released from the transaction.

Since he is doing you a favour, and you are disappointing him, leaving polite positive feedback would be nice.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply