could ebay be anymore impersonal? i am really confused and i want to speak with someone from ebay.

tattmania
Community Member

i accidentally tried to cancel an order when it said i couldnt make a payment because of some shipping total, so you guys are now telling the shipper to refund me and i dont want that, im happy that you are so quick to make a move on my behalf, but i put in that request befor i actually paid for the item, i realized where i made the mistake and i continued to make my order...i am new at this, and as a newbie, im telling you that your process is very confusing, and it really doesnt have to be....

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

could ebay be anymore impersonal? i am really confused and i want to speak with someone from ebay.

Ignore the eBay instructions and contact the seller.

Apologize for the error and tell him you do want to buy.

He should be able to cancel whatever is going on.

Except.

Does he actually ship to Canada? Was there a shipping fee specifically for Canada on the listing?

There is a Shipping and Handling tab. Look there.

If the seller does not give a specific fee for shipping to a destination, he doesn't want to sell there. Which may be the start of your problem.

So Contact Seller and ask him.

Or is this a GlobalShipping Program question?

Does the listing, viewed on a laptop or desktop,* show these words

Customs services and international tracking provided

If so, duty and sales tax on any purchase over $20 is being paid before your seller will ship. Also a $5 or so 'service charge' from Pitney Bowes who run the GSP for eBay.

*Mobiles don't show this . Yes, we think it's stupid too.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply