different order from description

Why is it so hard to find where to chat live with an eBay Customer Service member or an email to them? It seems you have to go through a bunch of links before you can actually get one, which at that point may be not the appropriate category you may actually want to talk about.

Anyhow, my question is this.

There is a listing with 5 pieces of something all being different colors. Elsewhere, it does say in bold, "You may receive other than listed colors.'' My understanding of this is that I may get colors which are different than the ones  listed. That is 'different' but not all the same.

A photo was sent to me immediately after the purchase showing me what I will receive. And they are all the same color--actually all of no color, since they are all white.

Is this OK? Are they allowed to do this based on their description of what I may receive? Or am I allowed to actually receive different colors?

Too me, they all being different colors was the reason to place the order, since it means I could color code them eg. red for one thing, blue for another etc.

I've attached what I see on their site and what they will send me.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you are not sure what the seller means in a description, ask.

If the seller's answer is not clear, do not bid.

White is a colour. And technically, if you ask a physicist, white is every colour.

You can ask the seller for a Mutual Cancellation based on your misunderstanding of the listing.

The seller can then send you the request. Accept immediately because:

the seller could instead open an Unpaid Item Dispute and, should you not pay, give you a Strike, which could block you from bidding on eBay.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yup white is a color 😉 and it is ''all colors'' in the additive method (not subtractive). Nevertheless there is singular, one color, and plural, 5 colors. So as far as I'm concerned getting other colors would still imply getting 5 colors (which may include black & white) and not just one
Message 3 of 3
latest reply