have unpaid item case but item shows as checked out and in process.

I have an item that has an unpaid item case opened; but when I go to pay, it says this item has gone through check out and is in process of payment.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hello '1049susanm',

Are you trying to pay from your ebay Purchase History page, or an invoice sent to your

regular email?

When you are looking at the listing on your Purchase History page, what does the little

blue dollar sign beside the item price look like?

Is it solid blue

Or has the shape temporarily changed to an hour glass icon?

The hour glass means you have gone through the motions of paying, but the payment

has not been completely processed.

Or is it a very pale grey like the other icons beside it?

That would mean there has been no attempt at payment registered.

What do you have in your regular email?

Do you have a receipt from service@intl.paypal?   Once you go through the checkout, you

get that in your regular email whether or not the payment has been completely processed

(when the seller has been paid).

You also get a receipt from ebay announcing Confirmation of your order of...

Do you have that?

If you are absolutely certain you have not paid, - when did this wonky interruption appear?

Are you attempting to pay right after purchase, or has it been about 4 or more days?

If it has been about a week, the seller may have opened and closed an Unpaid Item case.

Few things disgust a seller like an Unpaid Item.

If you just bought it and you are getting this notice when you click Pay Now, if you have a

paypal account, check to see if there is any sign of a payment being processed there.

If it has been over a week and you are unable to pay but still want the item, perhaps the

Unpaid status is causing the problem.  You may be able to contact the seller and very

contritely offer settlement terms.  That is, if you haven't been blocked.

For now, though, check all the places that should indicate if you have (or not) made payment,

and ask if the seller is having any receiving problems on her end.  Sometimes a seller has a

problem with a paypal account, but you usually get a pop-up that tells you this.

That's all I can think of.  I hope you are able to sort it all out.