how do I speak to someone in ebay customer service

eagke1
Community Member

I would like to speak to someone about a item about the way an item is listed on ebay  which is very contradictory as to what is says. I can be reached at  for details as to how I should approach. (Awaiting your call.) 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This is a member-to-member forum, no one from eBay reads these Community Boards.  Also, it's not a good idea to leave contact information here - I see the moderator has removed that to protect you.  To reach eBay, click on "Help & Contact" at the top or bottom of any eBay page.  Choose a relevant topic.  Not all topics will provide a link, but many take you to a screen where you will find, on the right side, 2 choices:  call eBay on a toll-free number, or have them call you.  Follow the prompts.

However, if your question is about details of an item listing, you should seek clarification from the seller.  At the bottom of every listings is an "Ask a Question" link.  Use this.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There is a Report button on every listing.

Somewhere. It can be hard to find.

When you use it all you will see is a polite note from eBay thanking you for your Report. This is NOT the end of the investigation, but while eBay encourages members to police the site, it does not want to encourage vigilantes.

If you put the item on your Watch List, or the seller on your Favourite Sellers list, you can keep an eye on whether eBay believes there is enough of a problem to take action.

Some of the actions would not be visible, like higher fees, Defects on selling accounts, restrictions on the number and value of items offered, and a Hold on customer payments against the seller's performance.

Or the item or the seller may be ended abruptly. (NARU)

Generally, the Report button  is more efffective than phone calls to bored clerks in Utah or the Philippines.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply