i never received my package and seller provided a fake tracking number

I bought an item on 31st October .After a week i told him i didnt get the package yet and he told me there is no tracking number there is nothing he can do but to wait .
after another week  i recontacted the seller to tell him that i STILL didnt get my item
i asked him a refund and he never replied.
He left me no choice but to open a claim with paypal for not received item
After i opened the case with paypal he provided a tracking number of an item that he shipped in the same city as mine.
What can i do i know i will lose this claim since he has a '' proof '' but that is not from my package.
I cant believe sellers would do things like that

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm sorry to hear that this transaction did not go as expected. Rest assured, a tracking number alone will not win an Item Not Received case in the seller's favour. Proof would have to indicate the shipping label associated with said tracking number was printed with your name and ebay/paypal shipping address on it. Ask to see a copy of the label. (Bear in mind that it is your responsibility as a buyer to ensure that your address registered to ebay and paypal are the same and current to your location.) Best of luck as you carry forward. If you think of it, let us know how things transpire.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for answering.
Its the second time that a seller does that to me.
First time it happened i called paypal and told them that the seller provided a tracking number of another package from the same city . after a week he won the claim . the seller got his money back. I know the same thing will happen again i just dont know what to do .
Should i change the claim for not item as described and tell em i just got the package and there is nothing inside ?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No, don't do that unless that is what happened. The seller cannot win a claim with a tracking number from a shipping label that shows it was sent to an address that wasn't yours or a person that isn't you. The shipping label has to have your name and address on it as well as the tracking number that shows it went where it did. It's indisputable. These things are electronic and can be immediately confirmed. Stand your ground and be absolutely certain that you are compliant with all the deadlines set by paypal for the submissions of information. Ask to see the shipping label. If it was delivered to your actual address and you still did not receive it, that might be a matter for the investigation of police. Sometimes, paypal will ask you to file a police report. Whatever they tell you to do, you have to do if you want the case to be decided in your favour.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply