i ordered an item in april, seller stated it could take until july to receive, item never received,

i ordered an item E011018, april 26. this item never arrived and the seller stated that delivery could take up to 3 months.. i would like to take action and have seller banned, or something on ebay beyond already having reported the money as stolen from credit card seller was

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

i ordered an item in april, seller stated it could take until july to receive, item never received,

Hello 'rachel',

You are new to ebay so there are so many rules and policies that you won't yet know.

To begin with, we are not allowed to post a seller's user ID on the boards.  Everyone makes that

mistake when they are new and have just had some liar steal their money.  So it is not exactly

unusual, what happened to you.

The second thing you need to know is how the ebay buyer protection works.  You have 45 days

in which to file a claim for an item that does not show up.  The following link explains it all very well:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If you do not have an international item by day 40, contact the seller.  If, by day 43, you have no item

and no refund, open your claim, - and do not close it until you have one or the other.

Do not be delayed by promises of upcoming refunds or replacements.  They never arrive either.

The third thing, -- no seller could survive long on ebay if all his items took 3 months to arrive.

As soon as you heard that, you should have been alerted to an upcoming problem.  There are sellers

who will ship items with "Surface" mail, but not many, and it would have shown up by now.

The practice of not sending items to new users so as to steal their money is a frequent complaint

here about one particular country on the other side of the world.

You mentioned "credit card", -- so if you paid with a credit card there is a teensy chance you could

call the 1-800 number on the back of the card or statement and ask to do a chargeback. 

Cards have longer deadlines than ebay/paypal, but at over 3 months it may be too late, depending

on the card you use.  If this is an option, - call NOW, and make sure you have all the transaction

details (card statement, receipts, etc) in front of you when you do.

Otherwise, I am sorry to say you have lost your money completely.  Just get to know how to protect

yourself and never let it happen again.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

think i didnt go to that link? the item number is expired so it didnt link to a person.. this whole website is made to protect buyers and scammers and the rights and concerns of the customer are ignored. i looked into said seller recently and since my "purchase" there have been plenty of the same comments left in their feedback. and there was no mistake, people should know the users name, protecting such a thing just enforces my opinion that ebay is more interested in protecting sellers than buyers
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello again, 'rachel',

<<think i didnt go to that link? >>

Well, based on the limited information provided in your poorly written post it did appear as if

you were unaware of ebay's buyer protection policy deadlines, yes.

<< this whole website is made to protect buyers and scammers and the rights and concerns of the customer are ignored. >>

No, the rights and concerns of the customer are not ignored.  The link I posted ensures that when

a customer does not receive an item, she has 45 days (just over 6 weeks) to open a claim, and a

further 20 after that to escalate it.  That's 9 weeks, and ought to be plenty of time even for those

"Surface" parcels to arrive.

<< people should know the users name, protecting such a thing just enforces my opinion that ebay is more interested in protecting sellers than buyers>>

The reason people cannot post seller's user IDs, not matter how foully despicable the stinking

sneak-thief may be, is because if that were allowed people would post the IDs of everyone with

whom they have had a disagreement and say any number of things which may or may not be true.

As I told you, a seller pretending that his items will take 3 months has as good as admitted he is

going to send nothing and keep your money.  Sending nothing, delaying with lies and promises,

and stealing the money from people with low feedback scores (because they are new and don't

know how the system works) is a commom problem with that one particular country.

Don't take my word for it, -- read these message boards.  Every day people post with complaints

sounding very much like yours.  So read through the policy carefully and don't be scammed

again.

Grumble all you want but there it is.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#timelines

Message 4 of 4
latest reply