returns

ca.balm
Community Member

I recieved a defective product and the company is really good and wants me to close the return first then they will send me a new product. Is this normal? just doesnt sound right??? but I am new to this shopping.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

returns

SCAM!!

Well, probably.

Is your seller in Asia? Ask for a refund. Do not accept a promise of a replacement. It will not arrive because there is no replacement and nothing was sent in the first place.

The replacement promise will take you past the time you have for making an Item Not Received dispute. These deadlines are important.

If the seller sends a refund, which takes him seconds, no delay is needed, fine.

If not go here:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

and open the Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove that your purchase has been delivered (not sent, delivered) then he will be told to refund you. If he does not, Paypal will refund you and go after him hard for their money.

If by some chance the item does turn up after you have been refunded,you can return the money by using Paypal's Send Money service..

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

returns

Got two different scams confused.

Do NOT close the dispute until you have your refund. Do NOT accept the 'replacement'. Why would it be better than the original?

If you close the dispute you will not be able to reopen it, and the company will have no reason to refund you.

On the other hand, it will cost you $40or more to return the item with shipping to Asia. Not much less to return it within North America.

If you decide to leave feedback remember to keep in calm and factual. And do leave the more important Detailed Seller Ratings. A normal transaction should get Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. If  a seller's ratings drop below 4.3 his ability to list and sell on eBay is severely restricted.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

returns

sorry your response was too late. I threw the first item in garbage as they suggested ,closed dispute as they suggested and am hoping for the best. will let you know how it turns out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply