seller refuses to provide a return label

i bought a wii u game on ebay , it arrived and doesnt work and is broken and says invalid disc.

i contact the seller to get a refund he wants it returned. fine. i start the return process, the automated system says to get a return label from the seller.... seller refuses to give me one says i have to pay to ship it back. and the ebay resolution thing is stuck on that part and wont let me go further so i end up closing the return and say other and now i cant get a refund what do i do??

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

seller refuses to give me one says i have to pay to ship it back.

Yes.

Since not every buyer is honest, the normal requirement is that the buyer pays for return shipping. This is Standard Practice based on the Paypal refund system.

If the seller is at fault (for example, in your case) it is a Best Practice for the seller to refund the return shipping cost as well as the original payment. But this is voluntary.

So your choices are :

Fume.

Send the item back at your cost and get a refund, which may or may not cover the cost of returning the item. Use a tracked service.

Close the PP/eBay dispute and move to a credit card chargeback. While cc's give you a longer deadline, they will also often require that you return the item to the seller at your cost, using a tracked service.

Your choice.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you CLOSED the return then you are out of luck.  If you asked ebay to step in  then you will have received a message from ebay saying something along the lines of   "We'll take it from here and review the case, including any messages that you and the buyer sent through eBay. We'll get back to you within 48 hours."

If you truly closed the case, your only hope to get your money back will be through Credit Card protection assuming you you a credit card to fund you paypal account.  You need to call the 800# on the back of your charge card and tell the you were shipped a DOA item and the seller is not  working with you to resolve the problem.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

seller refuses to give me one says i have to pay to ship it back.

Yes.

Since not every buyer is honest, the normal requirement is that the buyer pays for return shipping. This is Standard Practice based on the Paypal refund system.

If the seller is at fault (for example, in your case) it is a Best Practice for the seller to refund the return shipping cost as well as the original payment. But this is voluntary.

So your choices are :

Fume.

Send the item back at your cost and get a refund, which may or may not cover the cost of returning the item. Use a tracked service.

Close the PP/eBay dispute and move to a credit card chargeback. While cc's give you a longer deadline, they will also often require that you return the item to the seller at your cost, using a tracked service.

Your choice.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply