42-42-3

I usually don't watch the news but this is very exciting to watch. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

42-42-3

Anyone outside of British Columbia might be wondering what you are posting about.

zee-chan is referring to the B.C. Provincial election which was a very tight election with 42 seat for the BC Liberals, 42 seat for the BC NDP and 3 seat for the BC Green party as of her posting yesterday.

This morning the results are 43 BC Liberals, 41 BC NDP and 3 BC Green party. Note that 44 seats are required for a majority government so a minority government seems to be where BC is headed. The Green Party looks like they can help either party into power. 

Of course, the final results are not in as absentee ballots (to be counted in a week or two) and some ridings were very close and a recount will be required in those close ridings. With the BC liberals at 43 seats and needing 44, it is possible that they could get another seat when the final results are in. It is unlikely that the final results will differ by 3 seats for the NDP to get the 44 seats for a majority.

Here is one article on the election results.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-election-minority-government/article34928933...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

42-42-3

Our MPP is Andrew Weaver the Green Leader.

He is a scientist by trade and has now tripled his party share to three.

So it will be interesting to see how he handles being the power behind the Throne.

Remember the party with the most seats has to appoint an (usually non-voting) Speaker, which makes the majority a tie.

And one of those NDP seats was won by nine votes.

And the mail-in ballots are not yet counted for any seat.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

42-42-3

I was hoping to see it stay at 42-42-3 to see how it would turn out if they have to collaborate with each other. Now we'll have to wait two weeks to see the final results.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

42-42-3

I am one of the people who was wondering what the op was posting about but I was too polite to ask   Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
latest reply