Boarders are for Bullies.

In my opinion, the border is not only to keep something out but also to control what is inside better. The better the fence, wall the stronger the bully inside becomes. An island used to be the best. Lots of things could happened on an island that no one would know about and escape would be limited.

For some reason societies around the world have chosen to break up our school system into borders. Usually grades 1 to 5 are in a separate school and 6,7,8 are in another and high school students in another. Within each there are bullies controlling the yards. The classroom has its own walls and within each there is a class clown trying to balance the tension.

They have found that in nature if you remove the older (kids) then the younger (kids) have a problem later on in their life with reasoning right from wrong. It's not the parents that control how the children react on their own but the surrounding of older, more mature kids.

Those that say your putting the young into the lions den with guns and drugs ruling the islands, are correct. It would likely take generations to undue that bully intellect. 

Instead of police patrolling the halls, give the children trained experienced child psychologists that have the power to explore beyond the walls of the children's young minds. Give them the authority to lay charges against crimes happening within the walls of the children's home.

There is a problem though. After some time of helping children learn a new way of living and growing up with the support and respect of older children a new age will arrive. An age where less police, lawyers, jails, and ultimately politicians would no longer be needed.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Boarders are for Bullies.

I think you'll find every individual school division splits their public schools into different grade mixes. Mine are N-6 and 7-12. I don't see any problems with kids being bullies where I live because the teachers and school staff are all over it like a dirty shirt. Much has changed since I went to school. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply