Canada Post, Toronto's 'worst offender' for blocking bike lanes, vows to steer clear Toronto CBCNews

2 REPLIES 2

Canada Post, Toronto's 'worst offender' for blocking bike lanes, vows to steer clear Toronto CBCNews

I don't expect to be directly affected by this but the following quote from Canada Post made me worry a little.

"If a safe parking location is not available, our employees are expected to avoid the stop, continue on their route and return any undelivered items to the depot."

Drivers are told to report any problem areas to their supervisor so a safety assessment can be done to find the best alternative.

It does beg the question where delivery drivers are supposed to park, and how much this will affect mail delivery if they cannot find a place to park their vehicle. What is the alternative? Drone delivery? I think we're a few decades from that here. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Victoria BC just opened a bunch of new downtown bike lanes, to the usual pissing and moaning.

I noticed some of them have the parking lane on the outside of the bike lane. (IE - cars, parking, bikes, sidewalk). Which seems reasonable to me as a sometime cyclist.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply